Client / Customer Success Manager EMEA - Video creation platform - £50-60k – London
What does the company do?
Our client is a video creation platform that is rapidly gaining traction with top media brands across the world. Clients use us to quickly create engaging videos that help them scale and reach wider audiences across mobile and social media. The platform provides users with access to a cloudbased editing suite, intelligent technology that helps them to quickly identify news footage, stock video and photos from our vast library of fully licensed content assets as well as a highly customizable and fully automated postproduction engine.
Customers include traditional media companies such as newspaper publishers (La Repubblica, Suddeutsche Zeitung), magazine publishers (The Week UK, SPIEGEL Online), broadcasters (France Television, Euronews), and pure players (Huffington Post, The LAD bible group). The Company has raised over $15 Million from venture capital firms Cedar Fund, Greycroft Partners, Marker LLC and Redpoint Ventures. Based in New York, with offices in London, Los Angeles, and Tel Aviv.
A typical day would be:
- As our client base in the EMEA region expands, we are looking for a Customer Success Manager who is
- passionate about media and online video to drive usage and adoption of the platform.
- The position will involve working with journalists and content creators, and delivering them an exceptional onboarding experience that demonstrates the value of the platform: producing great editorial video quickly, easily, and at scale.
- The ability to identify clients' specific needs and educate them about best practices in today's video environment is crucial to the role.
- The right candidate will play an integral role in managing relationships with top media brands, which will involve providing an outstanding support experience, troubleshooting when complications arise, and identifying growth opportunities within our customer base.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- 4-6 years in a customer facing role (CSM, Account Management, Product Management, Sales). Preferably at a software company.
- Comprehensive media industry experience, in the region, with a deep understanding of trends in digital video, particularly with regards to distribution platforms, web formats and monetisation
- Very strong verbal and presentation skills, particularly for introducing new tools and workflows within a newsroom
- Deep understanding of the challenges facing journalists and content creators in their daily routines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills
- Excellent quantitative skills and a proven ability to monitor, identify and present performance metrics
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- The mindset to strive and succeed in a dynamic startup environment
Nice to have skills:
- Fluency in several languages
- Understanding or familiarity with video editing and post production
- Experience in content licensing, (video) journalism
- Experience in MCNs or the entertainment/showbiz media
- Familiarity with CSM and Account Management tools
The role reports to the VP of Customer Success. The location for the role is London. Frequent travel is expected.