4 days left
- Job Role
- Content Manager
Reporting To: Head of Marketing -
This is a very exciting new role in a completely new area for my Financial Service client and, as such demands a special kind of person who can sit between the traditions of the company and the revolution of the new media environment.
Content marketing is very much the way to go for a business like this and we have made a fundamental commitment to staking our claim on some content marketing real estate with our in-house video production suite. This role addresses writing that will form the basis of the video content as well as the programme of written content that we plan to distribute. Together they will be the foundation of our communication with the marketplace and the cornerstone of our brand development programme.
Our content will include white papers, articles and shorter pieces for social media including that intended for our Intranet. The incumbent will be required to manage the distribution of all of this and be a key contributor to the management of our social media activity (LinkedIn, Twitter, our blog and Intranet)
Responsibilities will include, but not be confined to:
- Develop a twelve-month content plan to include social media activity (LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Maintain a constant source of writers of the calibre necessary to deliver the content we require.
- Liaise with specific internal stakeholders to maintain a constant flow of headlines and outline the text of articles and other content to develop these.
- Liaise with external writers to ensure the development of these outlines into finished pieces.
- Develop or liaise with external writers to develop scripts/scenarios for video content that develops the subjects raised in the original written pieces.
- Devise a twelve-month editorial plan for the organisation's Intranet in conjunction with appointed representatives of internal stakeholder groups and the marketing department.
- Edit or approve all Intranet content and devise and manage an on-going campaign to promote the brand and its values internally.
- Edit or, in some cases, even write content.
- Manage social media. Specifically LinkedIn (posting and commenting on behalf of key executives on their profiles and the groups to which they belong).
- Explore other social media platforms and develop strategies for their engagement if appropriate.
- Produce reports on the effectiveness of all content and social media activity.
Experience, knowledge and qualifications
- Knowledge of the BtoB social media scene
- Able to operate content management platforms
- Campaign planning skills
- Basic Photoshop skills and knowledge of creative tools such as Adobe Illustrator
- Good connections within the creative and editorial world.
Personal skills and traits
Capable of managing groups of diverse individuals with high-level, wide-ranging skills
- Very organised
- Creative with a strong visual bent
- The highest English writing skills
- The highest standards of execution
- A convincing presenter
- Resilient, thoughtful, able to work under pressure.
Apply for Content Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly