Video Content / Producer
Video Content / Producer
Reporting To: Head of Marketing -
This is a hybrid role critical to the success of the digital strategy. As our digital culture is in its early stages of evolution the role incorporates both management and hands-on elements and the holder will have a pretty wide range of capabilities. This is a genuine opportunity for a well-rounded video producer to create something that is theirs.
We would like the holder of the role to help us build our own in-house video studio and equipping it with good quality cameras, lighting and other equipment. This will be the domain of the video content producer. We will also be setting up an Apple Mac Pro with editing and post-production software.
We will have a writing resource already in place by the time this appointment is made and although it will primarily be concerned with the production of written content, it makes sense for this to be harnessed in the production of video too.
Our video content will take three forms:
* Short messages for senior managers and key internal stakeholders for internal consumption.
* Full-length programmes (a pilot to test a format is currently in production)
* Training videos
The fundamental responsibility of the role will be to:
* Define the standards, editorial policy and establish a style that will make our video content memorable, stand-out and bench-marking.
* Build the resource we need to deliver this by recruiting a team of in-house and external partners.
* Devise the processes necessary to turn the insights that exist among the senior members of our management team into compelling and engaging video content.
* Manage the video content production process from end to end.
Other key functions and responsibilities will include:
* Liaise with in-house content manager for editorial content
* Liaise with digital/social media team to upload content
* Participate in internal content review meetings to define editorial plan and identify headlines/subjects for content
* Manage and direct all shoots undertaken in the in-house studio
* Identify and hire external suppliers/partners and liaise with them to fill gaps in hands-on skills and ensure we achieve the quality of content we require.
* Set lighting in the in-house studio
* Operate cameras within the on-line studio
* Edit or direct the editing of footage to create videos that answer the brief in each case
* Produce or supervise the production of on-screen graphics and animations
* Brief and manage writers, external producers, directors, post-production specialists.
* Liaise with our in-house compliance team to ensure all statutory requirements are adhered to.
* Source and acquire third-party footage as required
Experience, knowledge and Qualifications
The role will involve the management of a team of people with diverse specialisms, so the holder will have sufficient knowledge of each of these to ensure that he/she is getting the best from each member of the team as well as sound basic project management skills.
As well as a highly creative mind and the strong will that will turn sometimes radical ideas into video content within a highly conservative environment, our video content producer will require a comprehensive top-level understanding of all the disciplines that contribute to great video. Hands-on capability will be important initially, particularly in the studio and in post-production, so the wider the practical capabilities the better. This will include the management skills necessary to get the very best out of the team that the job holder builds.
Additional key skills and experience include:
* Familiar with video editing software such as Premier or Final Cut Pro.
* Familiar with sourcing and editing on-line animation templates
* Able to use contemporary sound, camera and lighting rigs.
* Creative editing skills.
* Extremely organised
* Generally creative
* Confident, convincing presenter and case-builder
* Usual MS Office skills and Photoshop prowess.
* Team-building, leadership
* Comfortable working with success metrics and able to define and achieve KPIs