E- Commerce Manager
My client is an award winning business founded on passion and innovation, a leading provider of products online, with turnover in excess of £7million and very ambitious growth plans ahead. To achieve our targets we are committed to hiring and developing a team of passionate, performance-orientated individuals who love to make a positive difference.
With mentoring from our highly experienced Sales and Marketing Director, and with the foundations already in place, there is immense scope for our new E-Commerce Manager to drive online marketing and revenue opportunities and build on our impressive growth to date.
Leading the current, ambitious team who are keen to develop their skills, this role will not only be hands on in terms of identifying issues and solutions, but the successful applicant will nurture the best out of the existing team through empowerment, identifying employee development opportunities and increasing capability in house.
With ultimate responsibility for leading external service providers and agencies, constantly appraising the performance of our third party suppliers, rather than being an expert in one particular area a broad range of experience in the ecommerce arena is essential, to include:
- Analysing performance statistics to identify marketing opportunities, trends and website improvements
- Set and report on KPIs e.g. website traffic, conversion rates, etc
- Drive SEO and online advertising, including paid keyword advertising
- Track the customer journey from customer acquisition, to engagement (lead generation) and through to conversion.
- Implement CRM and email marketing, social media activities, multi-channel sales, etc
- Work directly with data and merchandising teams to understand and execute on the triggers that drive the highest conversion rates.
- Manage all activity within agreed budget and timescales
- Manage website promotions
- To provide regular analytical reports and implement change based on the site performance
- To continuously improve existing websites
The Successful Applicant:
- Three years (minimum) work experience with ecommerce, building and implementing strategies with a proven track record of delivering online sales growth within the UK market
- A strong focus on customer experience enhancements and improving the online customer journey
- Experience optimising websites for optimal SEO performance and improving the ROI from PPC campaigns
- Significant experience of CRM, email marketing, affiliate, social media, content management, etc
- Key understanding of web analytics tools, A/B testing, conversions (CRO), multi-channel sales
- A strong commercial acumen with ability to identify opportunities to increase online sales
- A confident approach to managing a small team including objective setting, appraisals, training, etc.
The role and company present excellent opportunities, working in a fast moving environment, striving to be the best in the industry, they are recruiting the leaders of tomorrow. They are offering a competitive package including basic £35,000-£40,000 plus bonuses.