Luxury Sports Car Brand Specialist
An exciting opportunity to work with one of the most renowned car brands in the world, within one of the Top Ten automotive retail groups in the UK.
The main purpose of this position is the following:
- To implement marketing plans for all brand locations developed with the Group Marketing Manager.
- To manage the divisional marketing ‘executive’ team and develop their roles & responsibilities.
- To provide a point of contact with the management teams within the brand locations.
- Ensure the group position on all marketing activities is adhered to and supported.
- To develop relationships within the division and ensure that a single point of reference is maintained.
- Support the Group Marketing Manager with a structured marketing service
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executing brand specific marketing strategies that complement the national activity and drive local performance.
- Being a key point of contact from both and internal and external perspective for all marketing activities.
- Understanding divisional needs and requirements whilst providing a pro-active marketing service that drives the performance forward across all areas of the business – Sales, Service, Finance & Parts.
- Understand, coach and inspire internal team members so they develop their knowledge and skills both from a marketing and automotive perspective.
- Supporting internal communications within the division ensuring everyone is aware of goals and current performance levels.
- Development of internal and external presentations that support the company's drive to be recognised as ‘the best automotive retailer as judged by you’.
- Managing the sales funnel, providing individual businesses with clear insight in to both successes and opportunities.
- Managing key third party local partnerships that can complement the division and group position.
- Management of defined event strategy and fulfilment that raises the profile of the division within the area of influence.
- Supporting the minimisation of ineffectual marketing spend.
- Working closely with the Group support functions to ensure the group plan is delivered without compromising the divisional efforts.
- Digital Marketing support based on strategy driven from the Head of Digital.
- CRM activation through and identified group strategy.
- Agency liaison with ‘group’ identified suppliers.
- Liaison and interaction with other divisional marketing teams to ensure communication / adoption of best practice where applicable.
- Supporting the Division(s) brand guidelines.
- Deputising for Group Marketing Manager.
This role will be responsible for managing the following:
- Digital Marketing Executive
- CRM & Data Management Specialist.
This role will work alongside the following:
- Brand Managers/Head of Businesses
- Group Marketing Team
- Commercial Services Team
- Connections Centre (if applicable)
- Wider Divisional Marketing Teams
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications - essential:
- Degree in any relevant subject
Qualifications - desirable:
- Marketing qualification
Experience – essential:
- Demonstrable experience of working in key advertising/marketing disciplines
- Previous demonstrable management of teams
Skills/special aptitudes – Essential:
- Exceptionally attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to present at multiple levels, ensuring support and buy-in of strategies
- Excellent analytical skills that support process development and marketing ROI
- PC literate
- Analytical thinking
Personal attributes - Essential
- Passion for both Marketing and the automotive industry
- Positive approach to change
It is essential that the individual should not only be able to fit into, but should thrive in a change culture. The ability to work within a multi skilled environment where resources are often shared or pooled is also important.
The successful candidate will demonstrate that they are buying into the long term vision for the company This will require a committed individual who wants to be a part of a growing business rather than someone who is interested in a more standard role.