Front End Developer
Purple Monkey Recruitment are working with a leading UK retail brand based in South Devon who are experiencing exciting growth within their online channel. Due to this growth they are currently recruiting a Front End Developer to join the team.
As Front End Developer you will have an excellent eye for graphic and web design, you will be well versed with design-based conversion optimisation and user experience techniques, and have excellent CSS/HTML/web design skills. Responsible for creating assets as well as putting together responsive designs of many kinds for publication on a transactional e-commerce website.
Required skills and experience:
• User experience / customer journey evangelist who understands how to engineer web experiences that give users what they want, without making them work to get there
• CSS, HTML and responsive framework experience essential
• Passionate about the latest best practice design & build approaches i.e. mobile first, modular, grid systems etc.
• Knowledge of W3C validation standards for HTML markup and an advocate for semantics and accessibility
• Experience with SASS, cross-browser compatibility & version control
• Knowledge of web best practices for front-end delivery & performance desirable
• Excellent communicator and listener, able to interpret and understand the requirements of marketing teams, trading teams, developers, and other business stakeholders
• Able to interpret a creative brief and provide responses that add genuine value
• Excellent graphic design and creative skills, working with creative assets on a daily basis
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Front End Developer who is looking to join a well recognised retailer.