Marketing Manager, Digital Programmatic and Direct Response
A senior level marketing opportunity has arisen with one of the major consumer telcos in London. As part of the Brand & Communications team, your role will be to take charge of around a £20m direct response marketing programme which covers both digital programmatic, paid social media and display as well as offline channels such as national press and OOH.
The kind of campaigns you will be running will be all direct response/demand generation based and will include:
- Major launch campaigns aligned to handset manufacturers such as Apple or Samsung
- Offer based campaigns aligned to specific handsets and propositions to drive short-term sales volumes and value
- Simo campaigns
You will be in charge of taking and prioritising briefs from both internal stakeholders and external handset manufacturers. Turning these into media plans and creative briefs, then managing the external agencies who translate these into ideas and plans of action. You will then be responsible for shaping and agreeing both the media plan and critiquing the creative, to ensure what's been proposed is both fresh and will achieve the desired business results.
Because some of these campaigns will be co-partner based and co-funded, you will have an additional level of sign-off to achieve with that partner business. So having both the confidence, know-how and ability to stand in front of senior stakeholders, explaining chosen creative direction and justifying why a plan of action and creative is chosen will be important.
This is a high volume environment with individual campaign spend ranging from £250k-£1m, and you could be working on 2-3 per month. They're really keen to meet with people who are used to working in a similar environment of pace and scale, targeting mass consumer markets.
This is a role that requires a direct response marketing mindset, but the client has said because of the creative blend, it would be great to see people who also have some experience in brand communications too. Similarly, because there's a lot of focus towards digital programmatic in this role, someone who's had recent experience in this space would be invaluable.
About the Company
They're a really creative and innovative place to work, renowned for their creative brand marketing activity. As part of a team of 10, you will part of a business unit made up of retail marketers, digital performance and digital brand marketers, as well as the broader performance marketing unit too.
It's a big company with a great brand, one that's recognised for innovation. They're one of the major players within the telecoms market place and despite this role being a fixed term engagement, you will find lots of opportunity arising over the next 12+ months within the broader business, and they have a strong track record of preferring to engage and promote internal talent ahead of external applicants. So joining the business on this basis could be a fantastic door-opener to bigger and better things in the near future too.
Role: Marketing Manager, Digital Programmatic and Direct Response
Salary: £50,000 to £65,000
Benefits: £5.5k car allowance, 15% bonus, 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, life assurance
Term: 14 month fixed term contract
- Experience working on highly visible, consumer facing direct response campaigns across both on and offline channels
- Specific experience in managing campaigns across national press, OOH offline channels, as well as digital programmatic display
- Great understanding of media planning - how to critique a plan based on business objectives and media spend - looking at channel choices and spend appropriation in order to deliver the appropriate results
- Experience in managing the creative process, critiquing and shaping ideas to ensure what's delivered is on brand, will deliver the desired result
- Industry agnostic, so long as you've worked in a high volume campaign environment that's consumer facing, and you're able to give a sense of the results you've achieved from campaigns delivered
- You have the right to live and work in the UK already - this company will not provide sponsorship
For more information please contact Colin @ Blue Pelican by applying below.
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
01892 507 100
You can view all our vacancies on our web site www.bluepelican.com
Apply for Marketing Manager, Digital Programmatic and Direct Response
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly