Head of Customer Loyalty
Head of Customer Loyalty
Purple Monkey Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with Riverford Organic Farmers as we search for a forward thinking, driven and strategic Head of Customer Loyalty to join the team.
Founded in 1986, with a few acres of veg, a wheelbarrow and a beaten up 2CV for deliveries, Riverford has grown into a successful e-commerce business, with four farms, three packhouses, a fleet of vans and drivers, a wholesalers, butchery, organic restaurant and pub.
With over 55,000 loyal customers, and a turnover in excess of £50m, Riverford are a truly inspirational brand who put the customer at the heart of everything they do. Customer loyalty and retention is key to Riverford’s future, and this role will drive and implement initiatives that not only build loyalty but ensures that the things Riverford do achieve results by increasing customer lifetime value.
As Head of Customer Loyalty, your aim will be to build the customer lifetime value, by nurturing customers from the moment they join Riverford, throughout their entire journey.
- Identify every opportunity to improve customer retention. You will really get to the bottom of what drives retention and loyalty and use this to deliver a tailored plan
- Drive activity that builds on the compelling differences that set Riverford apart and create talk-ability and advocacy around the Riverford community
- Provide outstanding service through the central customer services team and integrating this with the local service provided by the 65 franchisees.
- You will have a broad remit for ensuring the best possible customer experience for the current customer base, building similar loyalty in new and future generations of customers. You will use all forms of customer insight and data to drive a programme of activity that translates into customer retention, increased spend and advocacy
- Be a thought leader for change regarding customer engagement across all areas of the business including franchisees, marketing, customer service, production and delivery.
Skills and responsibilities:
- Previous experience in a Customer Loyalty role
- You will be working for a great brand with end to end customer experience, ideally in a subscription or membership type business however this is not essential
- You will be an influential flexible individual who has the gravitas to drive change and engage people at all levels
- Commercially astute and able to see the bigger picture and find ways around problems to reach the best outcome for the long term success of the business
- Able to manage and get the best out of people.
- Resilience to work with some strong personalities and get them on board
- Able to quickly establish rapport and be able to work under your own direction and under pressure
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Passionate about creating outstanding and distinctive customer experience, informed by all forms of customer insight
- Articulate & persuasive and keen to influence internally.
- Highly numerate, with a passion for interrogating and making sense out of data.
- A passion for food or farming would be a real plus!
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to join a market leading brand in a role which will sit at the heart of the business. You will find no two days are the same and will be working in a fast paced business with one of the most passionate, enthusiastic and friendly group of people around.
This role is being managed by Purple Monkey Recruitment Ltd and all 3rd party applications will be forwarded to Andrew Finn at PMR who will assume ownership of the application.