Business Development Manager
Experienced Business Development Manager
Reporting to the founders of the business, you will work alongside the marketing team and be responsible for pursuing new business opportunities. You will play a vital role in the development of new business revenue for the agency, focussing primarily on the London and South East region, helping the business deliver against an exciting and ambitious vision. Please note this role will involve remote working.
- Job Role: Business Development Manager
- Job Type: Permanent, full time role
- Industry: Digital marketing services across B2B and B2C sectors
- Location: London-based
- Reports to: Senior Management
- Salary: Attractive package with a generous commission structure
- Years of relevant experience: 3+ years of selling with excellent working knowledge of digital marketing
- Languages: Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Education level: Bachelors Degree but not essential
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Business Development Manager will focus on the following areas of activity: –
- Generate and source new business leads and opportunities.
- Source relevant networking events and build them into your lead sourcing activities.
- Conduct telemarketing to follow-up on marketing activities and clean contact databases.
- Write sales proposals and present them to prospects.
- Working closely with marketing, you will follow-up campaigns, and carry out telemarketing as part of lead generation activities.
- Assist with tenders and RFIs that may lead to new business.
- Attend trade shows and conferences to represent IDM and source leads.
- Maintain internal systems, ensuring they are kept up-to-date with the latest sales activity.
- Proven track record in business development, achieving ambitious revenue targets.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience operating in a business development role with good working knowledge of digital marketing.
- Experience of working in a similar role for a marketing agency.
- Experience in social selling.
- Ability to conduct incisive desk research into sectors, target companies and individual prospects.
- Articulate and confident communicator – ability to think quickly and creatively when talking to prospects.
- An instinct for creative selling – we’re not working from scripts and you will be expected to create tailored approaches for each prospect.
- A desire to work in a close knit, highly successful team with clear accountability.
- Bags of energy and dedication, with the ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
- Gravitas and instant credibility internally and externally.
- Self-starter and proactive individual and team player.
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics CRM or other CRM systems.
- Bachelors Degree or professional qualification.
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped commission
- Opportunity to join the employee share scheme
- Remote working considered
We Specialise in search engine optimisation, pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, content copywriting and blogging, email marketing, web development and branding.
We think differently to other agencies, and look at the whole picture when it comes to presenting your brand online. We believe in an integrated approach to getting the best out of digital, rather than focusing on just one element.
We’ve designed our services to be highly scalable. This enables us to provide targeted individual services to organisations with existing marketing departments, along with fully managed services incorporating digital marketing strategy design and execution.
Apply for Business Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly