Reporting to the Head of Digital, the key purpose of this role will be to optimise sales potential of a two wholesaler websites (B2B/B2B2C) by means of effective merchandise planning and tactical and strategic site trading activities.
Some of the accountabilities for this role will include:
- Developing and owning the e-commerce trading strategy to achieve sales targets.
- Ensuring promotions on the website are aligned with the general marketing plan.
- Day-to-day management of online trading activity to ensure growth through sales optimisation and returns reduction in line with the e-commerce budget.
- Being consistently aware of daily sales numbers and KPIs for all digital channels, monitoring and seeking to resolve any issues.
- Ensuring stock levels on the website are appropriate and take action to address any low/high performing categories.
- Ownership of site search, personalisation engine & merchandising modules
- Monitoring on-site search activity and constantly improve and hone the customer search experience.
- Driving B2B and B2C conversions and sales
- Ensuring quarterly ecommerce merchandising plans are created and implemented.
- Working closely with the offline merchandise and channels teams to ensure ecommerce product requirements are met.
- Driving improvements to the customer experience through analysis of key metrics and data.
- Attending marketing and product strategy meetings to influence product for the web.
- Commercially drive web special product selection with the buying team.
- Working with the digital marketing team to ensure commerciality of communications.
- Driving out forward range/buying requirements with Channels Buyers and Category Managers based on performance
- Planning e-commerce stock level requirements.
- Merchandising both releasing and requesting stock to optimise trading potential
Essential skills and experience:
- Ideally experienced in retail environment with 3-4 years' experience in a commercial e-commerce environment.
- Sound understanding of online retail and customer experience
- Commercial awareness to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Sound decision maker using data, intuition and experience
- Relationship builder, balancing drive and determination with tact and diplomacy
- Inspiring others, actively seeking development opportunities for self and others
- Good trading knowledge and experience - able to drive trade based on general experience and new innovations.
- Highly analytical and numerate
- Knowledge and experience of analytics packages including Google Analytics, and knowledge of how to use them to drive up revenue and conversion.
With the growth projection and future plans for this business, this is a fantastic opportunity to not only join the journey but help lead the charge from an Ecommerce front. If you think you can fulfil the role requirements and have what it takes to lead a cutting edge team focused on delivering a world-class proposition, then please apply through the link or you can contact Adam Walker at Adam Recruitment.
Apply for Ecommerce Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly