Corporate Communications -Intern
Communications Officer 3 months FTC Central London £25,000 PR to start ASAP
Role Purpose The communications team undertake proactive communications in order to maintain confidence in, and enhance the reputation of, the organisations work particularly amongst UK opinion-forming audiences.
The intern will support the communications team and the Corporate Communications Manager in particular. The primary role will be to support the Corporate Communications Manager's work on promoting investments to the UK and international media, and (ii) managing reputational risks to the organisation. This position will also provide opportunities to work on a variety of assignments with the other members of the communications team, whether in strategic communications, marketing, stakeholder & policy work, or internal communications.
The role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to develop existing knowledge and skills while gaining further work experience.
- Write and edit creative and engaging communications material such as newsletter articles, blogs, history documentation, etc.
- Assist in building and managing media relationships
- Support team in media monitoring; development of media database and evaluation of media engagement.
- Assist in arranging press visits and media meetings for senior staff
- Help build online presence by identifying opportunities to work with media outlets and other third party organisations to write blogs and other original content.
- Help identify key themes and trends from material that could generate positive media interest
- Support Corporate Communications Manager's work on reputation management, including writing and editing communications materials related to reputational risks. In particular, assist with a project supporting the organisations position on education investing in developing countries.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:-
- Either (a) final year student in communications/marketing/PR, or (b) recent graduate who can demonstrate some experience and interest in PR or corporate communications and has a degree in communications or marketing
- Experience working independently and unaided, with evidence of ability to deliver good quality material on time and to required quality
- Understanding of social media.
- Experience on student newspaper/student politics desirable
- Demonstrable interest in international development useful.
- Communication: Strong written/verbal communication skills to effectively carry out role. Enthusiastic and creative approach to delivering messages. Curious and open-minded about new approaches to communicating
- Team Working: Collaboration with own team and the larger employee community. Flexible and willing to work both through others and also in own capacity.
- Results Focus: Drive to achieve objectives/results
- Personal Effectiveness: Organising self to meet agreed deadlines.
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to obtain agreement and cooperation
If you are interested in this position please do apply to this role ASAP with an up to date CV