Software Engineer - Learn Scala!
- Working with cutting edge technology
- Fantastic working environment in a central Bristol location
- Multi-award winning & hugely popular company!
What skills you'll be needing
- You’ll be experienced in building web applications using ideally Scala. It’s also okay if you have experience with Java, along with personal projects in Scala or a similar functional programming language.
- It’s expected that you will be an active contributor to the tech community through platforms such as Github or Stack.
- You’ll be knowledgeable with REST, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Clean, reusable code is extremely important and it’s essential that you deeply care about the quality of your work.
You’ll be joining a team of high performing developers, building and scaling parts of the companies’ microservice platform. You’ll be involved in the full development lifecycle and will be confident in building scalable, distributed web applications. Continuous improvement is a key element in this role and you’ll be expected to take part and encourage debates and collaboration to ensure innovation and creativity is used throughout the team.
What you'll get in return for your talents
Where do we even start? They offer a range of benefits including flexible working, free breakfast, fruit & drinks, a minimum of 12% bonus, a 4% flexible benefit scheme (including phones, laptops, TVs and bikes) and a great pension. Importantly the working environment they have created is second to none. The offices themselves are fantastic and you’ll also be working with some great people who value the company and what they believe in. This company has achieved and is continuing to achieve some great things.
Want to be part of it? Then send in your CV to Hannah B.