Reporting to and working with direction from the Head of Marketing the role holder will facilitate and implement a market oriented approach to delivering faculty business objectives, ensuring that the faculty marketing function works within the overall marketing framework the post holder will advise on, research, plan and develop a range of strategic and integrated activities within the overarching Student Recruitment Marketing Strategy and Plan and will implement the faculty's individual marketing plan and will monitor the budget with the support of the Head of Marketing. The post holder will be responsible for coordinating advertising and direct marketing campaigns and planning and promoting major events such as University-wide Open Days and Applicant Days for prospective students. The role is part of the Marketing and Student Recruitment team, which is responsible for advising, supporting and serving the needs of the University's in term of student recruitment and conversion. However, the post will focus on delivering the specific needs of the faculty and developing marketing for the faculty's individual prospective student.
These are the key responsibilities of the job: on occasion you may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with your grade
- Manage the implementation of the strategic and operational plan and budget for the Faculty.
- Working with the Faculty's marketing business partner the post holder will help to build a clear understanding of a Faculty's audience/market needs for specified marketing activities across the Faculty's provision. Based on insight and intelligence gathered, produce analyses of market/s and consumers/stakeholders, including prospective students, key influencers and competitors. The post holder will work with the Market Intelligence & Data team to help to provide analyses and marketing advice to contribute to portfolio review and new course development when requested.
- Develop appropriate relationships with Faculty managers, colleagues and other key stakeholders to provide advice and develop and implement strategic and operational plans.
- Identify key partners and stakeholders across the Faculty who will have a role in delivering and/or responding to marketing activity and:
Raise awareness and recognition of audience needs and expectations. Build co-operative relationships to develop and deliver outputs or services that address these needs and expectations.
- Implement appropriate promotional marketing campaigns and activities as agreed and resourced, in co-ordination with other team members and other key University or external partners and stakeholders.
- To develop briefs for agencies, suppliers and internal service partners, including Web, Design & Print, Media & PR, Market Research and Communications teams in order to ensure marketing materials are correctly targeted and tailored to audiences in accordance with agreed plans.
- Work with the Head of Marketing to allocate budgets and oversee the delivery of the marketing plan within budget.
- To evaluate the impact of activities on target audiences and their decision making and identify opportunities for improvement and/or efficiency savings.
- In partnership with the Faculty Chief Operating Officer for the Faculty (or Marketing Stakeholder), liaise with appropriate partners and stakeholders to:
- Manage expectations regarding the integration and balancing of Faculty and University-wide activity.
- Ensure Faculty clients are informed of developments.
The successful candidate will have
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- A postgraduate level marketing qualification.
- An appreciation for and experience of working within an educational context.
- Experience of working within a marketing department.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of evaluation techniques and practices in marketing.
- Demonstrable project management and organisational skills and ability to handle a multi task workload, including management of others' contribution.
- Effective influencer with ability to communicate confidently and diplomatically with staff at different levels in the organisation and form successful and productive working relationships.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex issues with a wide range of people at different levels, internally and externally
- Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining high standards.
- Conversant with good practice in planning and implementing market research.
- Analytical skills with the proven ability to interpret data and qualitative inputs.
- Numeracy skills and ability to be able to manage a budget and produce regular financial updates.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Both reactive and proactive in addressing recruitment marketing requirements.
- Ability to work co-operatively across organisational boundaries to achieve shared goals.
- Evidence of strategic marketing planning.
- Evidence of a strong client service ethic; able to develop good client relationships to gain the trust and credibility of key colleagues.
- Excellent written English.
If this role is of interest please do apply with an up to date word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience by Monday the 9th of October at 12:00