Communications Programmes Assistant
This includes bringing a youth lens to engagement with key stakeholders, and ensuring strong, dynamic and cutting edge communications products and approaches are incorporated in YTH programmes. Key accountabilities will include:
- Maintaining the CYP social media presence with a youth voice (esp. Facebook and Twitter), ensuring regular updates and engagement with target audiences. Includes acting as first point of contact for online programme queries and requests.
- In collaboration with YTH colleagues, supporting the eight Commonwealth Youth Network Coordinators to develop, implement and maintain effective communications strategies and activities. Includes ensuring cohesion and protecting the Commonwealth brand.
- Maintaining and managing the website, including coordinating, promoting and supporting the work of Correspondents, in collaboration with the site editor.
- Ccompiling and disseminating a regular bi-monthly newsletter to key stakeholders regarding the CYP and other youth sector activity. Maintaining and expanding the stakeholder database.
- Gathering relevant youth-specific data and information that can be used in communications and proposals.
- Contributing to/managing other programming as required.
- Acts as the YTH liaison to COM, ensuring mutual updates on all relevant matters, including attending COM's weekly update meetings and ad-hoc meetings.
- Provides first level support to COM's strategic communication, to help showcase our approach to youth development and the CYP, including:
- Drafting of press releases, blogs, op eds and web stories, and arranging photography and multimedia support, to support promotion of specific programme and research activities.
- Monitoring the YTH presence on the Secretariat intranet and Commonwealth website, to help ensure up-to-date programme alignment and representation.
- Providing administrative support, including correspondence, procurement and payments, related to research, policy, partnerships and communications work.
- Supporting the coordination of meetings, groups, networks, communities and on-line content, and providing administrative support to programme activity such as events, meetings and workshops.
- Contributing to development of papers, speeches, presentations and talking points for senior YTH staff.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below:- A strong bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, such as media, communications, journalism, social sciences or arts.
A relevant post-graduate degree highly desirable.
- At least one year of demonstrated work experience in designing and delivering creative, cutting edge, impactful communications concepts and projects. The experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement or internship positions.
- Experience in written communication for the public, such as newsletters, articles, blogs, op eds, press releases.
- Strong knowledge of latest technologies and the ability to leverage them for impactful communications.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement.
- It is highly desirable that the candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Youth development or youth-led initiatives, working in a developing country.
- Working in/with Government, intergovernmental or international NGO organisations.
- High personal standards of excellence.
- Demonstrated commitment to Commonwealth values.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Creative thinking and solution building abilities.
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Strategic thinking and operational planning capabilities.
- Administrative and organisational abilities, including an eye for detail.
- Numerically literate and Technologically savvy.
- Ability to work autonomously and in teams, and in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative, a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date CV highlighting all your relevant experience.
Apply for Communications Programmes Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly