Community Manager/ Social Media Executive
Overview of the role
The Community Manager supports the Social Media Manager, working closely with both him/her and the digital marketing managers. The role includes community management of Facebook groups of more than 1m people across the biggest entertainment brands.
Main areas of responsibility
- Content creation: writing posts, articles, communications materials and managing the content calendar.
- Social media marketing: managing the communities across our diverse range of interests on a variety of social channels.
- Customer relations: act as the main contact between customer service team and the marketing team.
- Research: to inform social media strategies, identify influencers, review social media work of client industries.
- Reporting and insight: compile reports assessing the performance of client and competitor brands on social media; reviewing our performance and making recommendations for improvement. Includes the use of social media monitoring and measurement tools.
- PR: managing incoming media requests and building relationships with key media contacts.
- Influencer management: maintaining good relationships with influencers and bloggers, ensuring they are well briefed and deliver agreed work.
- Supporting and directing content managers: using insight gained from research and reporting to ensure content managers know what works on our client social channels, what doesn’t and what topics are relevant to our audiences.
- Understanding of how brands can use social media to meet their objectives
- Adaptability to new social media platforms
- Computer literate
- Digitally savvy: likely active user of many social media channels
- Multi tasking
- Delivery to tight deadlines
- Highly numerate
- Strong level of written communication
- Project management from previous work experience
- University educated and completed a large project such as a dissertation
- Some relevant work experience in marketing
- Interest in comic book brands
- Fluent in a second language advantageous