How To Effectively Market To The Multi-Platform Majority
Marketing professionals know how vital it is to understand a target audience’s preferred platforms. People engage with multiple platforms regularly, so you need to market across multiple platforms to be effective. Therefore, it is essential for marketers to be competent in multi-platform marketing.
Whether you are looking for a marketing job or need to hire qualified professionals, the following information about multi-platform marketing will be useful.
Multiple platforms for success
The more platforms you use in your marketing strategy, the greater return on investment you can expect. Experts say that multi-platform marketing is more easily engrained in the audience’s long-term memory than a single-platform approach.
Traditional media should be part of the mix
When marketers significantly reduce spending in traditional media, like TV and print, it is a missed opportunity. In fact, it has been shown that the most effective mix is placing over 75% in traditional media with the remainder in digital.
Some of the most successful and creative marketing campaigns include traditional and new media, like print ads in newspapers and magazines, advertisements on billboards and busses, digital video ads that appear online, social media profiles involving one-on-one engagement through commenting and replying, website engagement through chat, and more.
TV and digital video have so much crossover in the minds of consumers that using the two platforms together will amplify your return on investment in ways that other combinations do not.
Marketing across multiple platforms
To maximise the reach and return on your investment consider using a multi-platform approach, because many consumers engage with numerous platforms on a daily basis.
- Focus on the client first and the platform second. Take advantage of the sophisticated measurement and analytics tools for finding when and where your target audience is consuming media.
- Different segments consume media differently. Looking at the breakdown of what percentage of their time is spend on one platform versus another by segment can be the key to increasing return on investment.
Multi-platform marketing should create consistency across platforms, and a single consistent message should be tailored to each platform. For example, desktop ads should be in-depth enough to engage, while mobile ads are more effective in a shorter format. The message is the same, but the content is adjusted to suit each platform.
Multi-platform marketing jobs
Marketing strategists determine campaign objectives, which requires learning how the target audience spends their time and on which platforms.
- So that copywriters can write engaging content they visualise what the final advert will look like and utilise the specifications and nuances of each platform.
- Graphic designers must determine the ad platform before beginning work because different software and specifications ae used for the various platforms.
- Once digital media is selected for a campaign, IT professionals can often find contract positions working on digital designs. That is when you need an umbrella company to help navigate contractor pay.
- Media buyers calculate reach and impressions to ensure that the marketing budget is spent wisely. That requires extensive knowledge of multiple platforms.
Any marketing campaign should include a multi-platform approach. That should involve carefully studying your target audience and using a mix of new and traditional media. Remember that whether you are intending to do this type of work yourself or are hiring a contractor, it is necessary to be well versed in multi-platform marketing.