BlackHatWorld.com (BHW) is looking for a community manager with SEO experience to join the community support team.
The community manager is a full-time role supporting an engaged and intelligent community of 9.5 million digital marketing enthusiasts generating over 80 million page views per year (source GA), BlackHatWorld provides a platform for members to discuss the latest developments in all areas of digital marketing. As such, you’ll need to possess impeccable writing skills and SEO / Digital Marketing industry knowledge in combination with a calm, unflappable personality. You’ll have an unrivalled opportunity to test the latest SEO tools and services, so a passion for IM is essential, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Knowledge of BlackHatWorld.com is a significant bonus, as is a great sense of humour and a down-to-earth attitude. Although BHW is an English language forum, our users come from all over the world, so the ability to lay out your ideas in logical order, as well as clearly explain why you’ve made your decisions would be a great benefit.
Role and responsibilities:
- Maintaining a presence on Black Hat World, creating engaging content and communicating with online users.
- Resolving issues and mediating between members whilst remaining impartial and professional via our support platform and directly on the forum.
- Playing an active role in our ongoing mission to enhance our users experience by spotting improvement opportunities and managing projects to implement new features.
- Responding to individual user reports and resolving issues in line with the needs of the community as a whole.
- Engage and help active practitioners on the cutting edge of SEO product development engage and thrive with their products on the BHW marketplace.
Deadline for applications is 31st March 2018 - we'll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don't delay in applying!
- An enthusiastic and unflappable personality.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to swiftly make sensible decisions in complex situations.
- In-depth understanding of SEO and digital marketing, including industry awareness and maintaining up to date knowledge on new developments.
- Good technical skills with an aptitude for learning new software.
- Previous community management experience in a Xenforo environment is useful, although not essential.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent qualifications or experience.
- Written English = Native level
This is a full-time role based in our offices in Milton Keynes (5 min walk from the train station), but we’d be happy to consider some flexibility for the right candidate. We’re also very happy to receive applications from people who are returning to work after a break.
- Salary circa £30,000 PA. Reviewed annually.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Additional 1 day holiday up to 5 days per year of employment - max 33 days.
- 5 duvet / sick days at full pay.
- Subsidised car parking in Milton Keynes.
- New Mac or PC (your choice) and dual screen set up.
- Explore new and innovative services developed by some of the finest minds in digital marketing (our members).
- Travel and accommodation provided for UnGagged.com Las Vegas and London conferences each year.
- Supported development through attending other SEO conferences and events.
- Company sponsored training and development to enhance onward career progression.
- Opportunity to learn and stay at the cutting edge of digital marketing and SEO techniques
- Ability to manage your workload and choose areas of interest to specialise in.
- Flexible hours of work.