Social Media Executive
Imagine the chance to own social media strategy and implementation for UK’s leading healthy snacking company, whilst having the creative freedom to make an individual impact. That’s exactly what’s on offer here.
We’re market leaders in the healthy snacking industry, and that market is set to boom, so this role gives you huge scope to have a real impact on consumers with your creativity.
Working within our marketing team you will get the opportunity to really make an impression on our future. In this newly created role you will be solely responsible for our Social Media strategy and implementation, helping us to sell the vision internally that Social Media is a key pillar of our brand plans.
We are looking for a creative social media ‘guru’ to create engaging content which engages new and existing customers across all social media channels.
What you’ll be doing:
- Community management of our social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube
- Content Creation in conjunction with our in-house Graphic Designer & Photographer. You will be expected to propose new ideas and concepts for social media content and support on social shoots (still and video) production and creation.
- Copy writing for all organic and boosted social media posts along with all reactive posts
- Scheduling content using platform relevant tools and Hootsuite across all channels and recommending suitable posting timings with justification
- Deploy social media advertising budget across Facebook and Instagram by allocating budget to posts, scheduling and boosting
- Benchmarking and reporting social media campaign performance with social media KPIs and metrics via weekly and monthly performance reports
- Ownership of the influencer strategy and management of influencer relationships and activity for all brands and across all tiers including paid influencer campaigns
- Content manage the Whitworths branded website, updating the news section, pack imagery, copy, etc. as requested by the marketing team
Skills you’ll need:
- Degree in Marketing or industry qualification in Social Media
- A minimum of 1-year previous experience working as a social media assistant/executive in a similar role or alternatively a background in social media alongside university studies or as a gap year or summer placement
- Cutting edge interest in social media and be abreast with the fast-changing nature of social media and ensuring that new opportunities for engaging with consumers are realised
- Tenacious self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Fantastic attitude and work ethic with a real desire to succeed
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are essential, including creative writing
- Creatively minded with an ability to inspire idea creation and bring ideas to life with results
- Proofreading and excellent attention to detail
- Highly flexible, comfortable working on your own initiative and to short deadlines
This role is ideal for a hard-working, creative and self-motivated individual. High standards, a passion for social media, understanding of the social media landscape and a desire to deliver the best possible social media strategy are essential.
At Whitworths we love to nurture talent and retain great people, as a result, there are significant development opportunities within the wider marketing team for the right people so don’t worry about being stuck in a “specialist” box as that won’t happen here!
Whitworths are the UK’s leader in dried fruits, nuts and seeds. We’re proud to be widely recognised and trusted by our working partners, international suppliers and, most importantly, by millions of customers as manufacturers of innovative, tasty, healthy products.
There are many reasons to come and work with us, but the biggest reason is so that you have a job you love and a company you are proud to say you work for. In addition, you’ll also have access to childcare vouchers, a workplace pension, life assurance and on-site occupational health.
Whitworths is growing every day, so we are always looking for talented individuals (at every level) who can deliver STAR potential. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk.
All applications will receive a response.
To apply, please email your CV
Apply for Social Media Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly