- Quality driven, fun digital agency.
- Beautifully designed WordPress websites, top clients.
- Become a key part of the business, influence tech strategy etc.
What experience you'll need
- WordPress theming and site building.
- Experience of developing with WooCommerce.
- 3rd party API integration.
- An eye for detail and ability to turn a flat design into an awesome website.
- Commercial experience within a digital agency would be great but if you have some really impressive sites to show and the right attitude then that can work for them too.
- You’ll get to pick up Susy (SASS Grid System), Capistrano for web deployments, TDD, Continuous integration and more.
- They like candidates who are self-motivated, like to chat about tech and have a good sense of humour; you’ll very quickly feel a part of the business and enjoy a positive atmosphere helping the business to succeed further.
Within the team, you’ll be developing high quality and functioning websites for charity, not for profit and creative brands. The role will encompass client management/support, testing, working closely with designers on key projects and suggesting new ideas/tech to investigate. You’ll work closely with clients to provide continuous delivery solutions for a small number of enterprise standard WordPress platforms that have complex integrations and external services. They’re big fans of peer programming, and code reviews and will look for you to help to mentor and support new team members as the company continues to grow. They’re always on the hunt for great meetups and events to attend and are promising R&D time as part of the working week (they’re off to WordCamp in Edinburgh next month).
What you'll get in return for your talents
You’ll get to work on some thoroughly worthwhile and ethical client work, pick up new tech and develop your skills in an informal, fun working culture for a business that’s growing nicely. In addition they offer a competitive salary (£27-32K), give 2 weeks off for the Christmas/New Year break outside of your holiday entitlement, conference/courses, pension, some great socials, lunches and trips (monthly), learning budget, bike parking and showers, table tennis, great Spotify playlists and more. There’s the opportunity for some flexible working, when you’re in you’ll be working in a smart digital studio with a supportive bunch around you and occasional visits from their cute office dog. What’s more they haven’t lost a developer in their 8 year history, so they’re definitely getting something right when it comes to engagement and looking after employees!
Liking the sound of this one? Send in your CV with examples of work for immediate consideration.