- Relaxed studio atmosphere with flexi-time & encouraged remote working options.
- Immersed in the industry with several hosted meet-ups (Women in Tech, Java SW, Scrum.org)
- Regular social events and coding demonstrations
One of the Uk’s most established financial services company are looking for Java Developers to join their digital studio in Central Bristol. The business operates across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America, serving almost 19 million customers Worldwide. The Bristol technical team is c70 strong with an aim to reduce their reliance on temporary resource by hiring a number of permanent members to the team. Please note that the wider salary range is due to candidates being considered at multiple levels of experience.
What experience you’ll need
- Proven experience of Java/J2EE and have an excellent understanding of Agile principles
- Experience working with Spring/Hibernate frameworks
- A working knowledge of SOAP and REST, Microservices and SPA architecture
- Exposure to a variety of different code management, build and deployment tools, such as Maven, JIRA, Stash, Git, Ant, DART, TeamCity and Artefactory. Any understanding of continuous integration with Jenkins would be advantageous.
Sitting within Digital Project Scrum teams, you will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of digital projects, providing back-end design and development expertise in the delivery of Digital solutions for company customers. You will be responsible for developing the back-end code, ensuring effective integration with existing company platforms and systems. You will be working across the various Digital project teams, helping to define frameworks and taking part in coding reviews to ensure coding standards are continuously met and that code is re-usable wherever possible. Further, you will be taking part in building and deployment activities as required, working collaboratively with other teams to resolve any technical issues.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As well as a competitive salary, paying up to £45k depending on experience, you will receive 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, they provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priories. You will get the chance to work on a wide variety of different roles with a broad spectrum of technology at your fingertips, making this a great opportunity for personal development as well as future progression.
Sound like something you want to be part of? Send you CV to Ellen now!