We are seeking individuals who see this as an opportunity to build the idealised banking experience across a vast platform. One that solves real problems for our users, adds real value and provides relevant services and insights. You have the desire to learn all the latest techniques and new language releases. You build mobile apps in your spare time as a way of gaining more knowledge and experience and are active on a number of programming user groups. Day to day you will be writing code for new features, working with the designers and products owners through the product lifecycle. There is a huge amount of opportunity to get involved in multiple levels of interest across CI, shared components, global releases, etc
* Proactive collaboration in the project team to help develop the product using your experience to help guide the team through the whole development lifecycle
* Hands on with Planning, estimating, contributing to the architecture, coding, development
* Refactoring and continuous improvements of the code bases is vital.
* Focus on SW quality and delivering quality throughout the whole process
* Ensuring that technical decisions and information is communicated thorough the global team
* Taking responsibility of releases and contributing to the ongoing support of the live apps.
* Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
* Experienced in Continuous Delivery practices and how they affect product quality and delivery
* Experienced with a range of agile practices and understand how and why they work
* We promote a DevOps culture so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.
* Have strong experience building highly productive teams of technically talented engineers
* Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Experience and Qualifications
* Solid experience in mobile engineering
* Hands on experience on using Kotlin to develop Android App
* Experience as a technical expert on the Android platform and competency with industry standard libraries
* Should have a good eye for design, should be able to implement latest Material Design components and animations
* Have experience in Dagger2, Rxjava2, Retrofit2, familiar with third party lib integration
* Very good with UI and Core Architectural Design patterns
* Solid experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests, must be familiar with Junit, Mockito and Espresso
* Experience with source code versioning tools, specifically Github
* Familiar with security concept and integration is must, like https, cert pinning, encryption and decryption and data protection
* Deep experience working on a team of Android engineers building and maintaining large scale apps, or apps that you have built personally
* Strong self-learning skill
* Experience in setting up CI is a plus
* Contributions to open source projects is a plus
* Effective English communication skills in both written and verbal
* Should actively participate in design discussions and suggest improvements
* Experience working in an agile development environment
* Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.