Accessibility Test Engineer/specialist
3 days left
- Job Role
- Account Director
Urgent Accessibility Test engineer/specialist required for a 6 week contract working for a global consultancy.
* Develop accessible test solutions across the platform
* Assess and provide compliance report for the applications tested.
* Analyze applications for Accessibility issues and provide developers and designers with workable solutions
* Work with diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced and complex environment, with quick iterative cycles
* Analyze future designs and provide feedback to Product Owners and others to ensure Developers build accessible designs and specs on new features.
* Researching about accessibility solutions across technologies on a project requirement basis.
Key skills required
* Professional work experience in a software development organization and work experience on various platforms; Web, iOS and Android, office suits, PDFs.
* Experience in accessible (WCAG) testing, analysis, and teaching
* Deep, demonstrable Subject Matter Expertise in WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards
* Experience using Accessibility assistive tools AND screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA and Voiceover, dragon naturally speaking.
* Experience in automated accessibility tools and accessibility APIs.
* Should have experience in providing remediation for the accessibility issues.
* Primary skills on following tools: JAWS v2018, Dragon v15.3, Zoom Text (v11.6 and v2018), Claro Screen ruler and Reader, RSI Guard Stretch, NGT Lite, Cirque Touchpad Driver, PC Link, Olympus dictaphone and Read & Write Gold v11.0.3
* Reporting bugs identified during testing and preparing audit reports.
* Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users.
* Knowledge of and experience with how people with a variety of disabilities use assistive technologies (e.g., screen reader, screen magnifier, keyboard-only access)
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.
Apply for Accessibility Test Engineer/specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly