Front End Developer
Front End Developer (Digital, Online, Website Management, HTML) West London £45k
This is an excellent chance to join a FTSE 100 company and market leading media business. This role is based within a busy digital department responsible for a portfolio of events and building their digital solutions. We are looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Front End Developer. You must be enthusiastic and a keen learner. You will be an excellent communicator, self-motivated and relish being able to solve problems quickly in this fast changing environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, test and support a range of responsive components and sites using a library of technologies with our codebase
- Work with our own and third party API’s to produce rich integrated digital functionality
- Support a team of Digital Producers to build pages, forms and functionality within the Enterprise CMS Platform and fix HTML, CSS and JS issues across the portfolio of sites
- Maintain and share development standard, conventions and best-practices
- Become an in-house expert on the Enterprise CMS platform and train less technical staff in our implementations
- Work with the Digital Product Manager to scope work and provide steer on the technical implementation of projects
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and product owners to scope out requirements and manage this work or project.
- Understand how web performance can be managed and optimised
- Train the Digital Production team on how to work with new features created in the framework.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
Key skills required:
- HTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3
- CSS pre-processor experience, such as SASS or LESS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in front end digital development using a CMS
- Email development - best practices, support and testing
- Using build tools (we use Grunt) to generate JS and CSS
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience using version control (SVN/GIT)
- Development of cross-browser and cross platform compatible solutions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Self-motivation, with good organisational and time management skills
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- A natural aptitude for problem solving with technical systems
Previous experience in the following is desirable but not essential:
- Adobe Experience Manager
If this exciting Front End Developer job interests you please send a CV to Ross Brander at Brandgaard Recruitment
Apply for Front End Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly