Senior Marketing Executive
The Marketing and Communications department is responsible for developing and implementing an integrated and coordinated Marketing and Communications strategy and plan which support the delivery of its Strategic Plan and its Vision for 2026. The key functions of the service are:- the strategic management and operational delivery of UK and international marketing and recruitment activities, corporate marketing campaigns, marketing support for Schools and Professional Service areas, the University website, digital initiatives, press and PR, internal communications and University events.
You will work with the School and the Global Marketing and Recruitment team to contribute in the implementation of a plan that is interlinked and aligned with the Schools and University strategy, and is innovative, creative and dynamic. You will create campaigns across a variety of channels, but predominantly online. You will need to be collaborative, quick thinking, creative and willing to engage with the team and the School to present your ideas. You will need to have a good visual eye, be able to write engaging text easily and the ability to bring this together (through in house or external agencies) to create beautiful pieces of work that inspire our prospective students.
- Contribution to Global Marketing and Recruitment strategy and plan
- Development and management of innovative and creative content campaigns across multiple channels
- Supporting the development and launch of new academic programmes
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Budget planning and management
- Managing and supporting the delivery of recruitment events
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- University degree (or equivalent)
- CIM (or part qualified)
- Innovative and creative thinking, especially in conception and production of content
- Digital-first mind set, with demonstrable experience of digital marketing techniques (search marketing, paid social, email and video marketing specifically)
- Ability to use Google Analytics and assess marketing performance through website metrics
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to create engaging text across a variety of platforms
- Project management experience including briefing, scheduling, budget control
- Market research and competitor analysis
- The ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Results-oriented and customer focussed approach
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work well in a team
- Able to analyse and demonstrate ROI and effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Ability to balance workload with work pressure.
- Relevant marketing experience ideally gained from working in a complex matrix structure
- Knowledge of the HE sector / Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Understanding of legal training and its changes
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant or related role, with demonstrable digital marketing/content focused experience
The post holder might travel and participate in recruitment events throughout the UK (and occasionally overseas) as directed. It is anticipated that the post holder will also interact across the Marketing and Communications department to develop their understanding of the wider roles and context of higher education marketing and recruitment. Evening and weekend work will be required.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with a word version of your CV highlighting all your relevant experience
Apply for Senior Marketing Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly