Technology Business Partner (Commercial & Marketing) - Global Brand
- Brand new role in a new discipline following major IT transformation.
- Play an integral role in enabling this company to achieve its strategic objectives through technology.
- Act as the glue between the business and the IT function ensuring that roadmaps and objectives are aligned.
This is a cracking role. Brand new and high profile discipline for this globally successful brand which is driving from strength to strength.
What you’ll be doing
Acting as the conduit between the Commercial department and the IT function – your ultimate responsibility is to ensure that the IT function is able to define and deliver the tech solutions and platforms required to enable the commercial department to achieve its strategic objectives. This means that you are the face of the IT function for the commercial team – you will be responsible for sitting down with Exec-level senior stakeholders (Marketing Director, Commercial Director, Retail Director etc) to translate their strategic plans and roadmaps in to technology and IT requirements and ensure that the IT function are able to deliver on this. You will not be personally responsible for requirements gathering, solution architecture, building platforms or delivery – but you will use your knowledge of the IT department and who is responsible for what to facilitate the necessary conversations and lines of communication between the Commercial and IT teams.
But what does the Commercial team involve? Good question. This is the team responsible for the global touchpoints through which the brand reaches its customers. So we have the areas like the Digital team owning the company’s websites globally, the Marketing function and the Sales team.
What experience you’ll need
- The big thing here is the senior level stakeholder engagement and an ability to build credibility and trust at the highest level within the business.
- To do this effectively you will need to be fluent in both the IT and Commercial worlds.
- You know what an IT strategic roadmap looks like, you know how a high-performing IT function is structured, you know the basics of ITIL, service delivery, support and IT infrastructure – but also of Agile software delivery and the world of digital/web platforms - and have a track record of working effectively with colleagues in these environments.
- Equally, you know which technologies enable a Marketing team to deliver sophisticated and customer focused marketing – you know your Salesforce from your Marketo, you know the benefits and limitations of Hybris over AEM, you are up to date with the latest tools, systems and platforms available to commercially focused brands.
- You are an extremely strong communicator with an ability to build relationships at a senior level and navigate high-growth, complex corporate environments effectively.
- You’re innovation driven and are passionate about what technology can enable a business to achieve.
- The Business Partner function is a new discipline for the IT function – so you’ll need to hit the ground running and demonstrate the value of the role quickly.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a new role for the business, so we are looking to be as flexible as we can on the salary. The benchmark is around £70k, but there is flex built in here. On top of this there is bonus and a decent benefits package. As this is a globally facing role, there will be also be opportunity for international travel – from Milan to South Korea to the US (the concept of international travel in your role will be appealing for the right person).
This is an urgent role which will turn around quickly, so please get in touch with Gabby with a CV today to run through the full details.