Global Insight Manager
Your responsibilities include
Leading the insight relationship with the Global Rimula/Rotella brand marketing team to develop customer understanding that drives optimisation of marketing activity across the range of B2C and SME target customer segments (Diesel Pick Up, Heavy Truck and Light Truck owners)
- Leading the global insights agenda for the Shell lubricants B2B business. Covering sectors as diverse as General Manufacturing, Fleet, Power, Construction and Agriculture, you will support the Global B2B marketing brand and sector team in identifying opportunities to grow the Shell brand and capture commercial opportunities.
- Partnering with the Global Lubricants Services team to fuel Shell’s Global innovation pipeline in the growing area of B2B services
In this role we’ll also expect you to
- Influence strategic direction of the business and be a trusted advisor to senior global marketers.
- Interpret and cut through data to extract key insights that will shape the business.
- Create clear, concise and compelling stories that influence individuals and the business.
- Link insights to commercial opportunities and make recommendations how to activate against these.
- Lead complex large multi-national Qual & Quant insight projects spanning a wide range of methodologies and diverse countries.
- Thrive in a complex multinational matrix organisation where many key stakeholders will be based in other countries.
- Manage and extract the best from both large and boutique agency partners.
- Be inquisitive, self-starting, comfortable with autonomy and putting your opinion forward.
Country of Work Location United Kingdom
Work Location London - Shell Centre
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
We’re looking for an experienced insight professional, educated to degree or masters level.
You’ll have significant experience and a proven track record of success in senior insight roles using a broad range of market research methodologies. We are looking for a background of at least 15 years insights in B2B or Automotive, ideally client and agency side.
International experience and using multiple sources to create holistic commercial stories is essential. We are looking for an individual that goes beyond managing research projects and instead has a proven track record of highlighting key insights that drive business advantage. This will require strong commercial acumen and influencing skills to be the trusted advisor to senior global marketers.
- You should also have strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills to be effective in this environment as success will depend on influencing others to action.
- Ability to work in complex, multinational matrix organisations will be vital to success, as is ability to work in virtual environments across cultures.
- You will also be Fluent in written and spoken English, with other languages an asset.
- The Global Insight Manager is a challenging role with senior level exposure and excellent development opportunities in the Shell Group.
No. of Positions 1
Please apply directly by using the 'Apply' button.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.