Digital Content Editor
5 days left
- Job Role
- Content Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Marketing Operations team. The role holder is tasked with helping to drive the ambitious membership growth plans through:
- Management of our client's digital intellectual property via its internal content management system.
- Being the implementation lead on online content optimisation
The role sits within the Marketing Operations team, reporting into the Head of Marketing Operations.
Delivering high quality member communications
- Ownership of publication of digital content and its placement on company website including management of the CMS gateway to ensure correct placement and protection of rich content.
- Collaborate with other internal colleagues to develop site content, style and layout to optimise content.
- Proof read all digital copy before publication for grammatical, spelling errors, etc.
- Produce copy as required to support the delivery of both acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Support delivery of SEO strategy through adoption of good SEO practices.
- Work with Product Managers to generate ideas for content/blogs that members will find useful and add to the their digital / online experience.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Corporate Communications team to ensure campaign integration and alignment.
- Produce and maintain online editorial guidelines to aid colleagues in TOV when producing online content.
Management Information and project support
- Perform and manage content audit annually to ensure site complies with current industry best practice.
- Use Google Analytics to demonstrate ROI and trend behaviours.
- Oversee tagging on content throughout the site to ensure SEO visibility.
- Retention and growth of company membership.
- Positive member feedback on member communications and channels of delivery.
- Positive feedback from colleagues across the company on member communication and support collateral.
- Building a strong internal and external network and profile.
Knowledge & Experience
What an individual must know or understand to be able to fulfil the role's requirements
- Recognised marketing and/or journalism qualification with solid experience delivering a rich content plan.
- Experience in an online publishing environment and a demonstrable track record of working with CMS systems, especially Umbraco.
- General knowledge/interest in business affairs, national and regional policy.
- Demonstrable experience of producing content to support multichannel campaigns that have proven to drive up customer usage and product adoption.
- Solid experience of comms delivery within a B2B environment.
- Experience of developing strong and impactful content marketing.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer segmentation and how best to leverage this to deliver impactful campaigns.
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop or similar software to edit photos to illustrate articles and create photo galleries.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite - especially Excel and PowerPoint.
Below are our client's skills and levels of skills expected for this role.
Planning & organisation
Research & using information
Strategic & business thinking
Managing & leading others
Additional role specific skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal and networking skills, comfortable dealing with senior members of the organisation.
- Commercial focus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and focused on delivery and results.
- Great organisational and team working skills.
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines.
The behaviours and characteristics required to be able to fulfil the role's requirements
- Collaborative - Listening, seeks views of others, collaborative; Will challenge when appropriate.
- Taking ownership - Ensuring delivery and holding others to account; can influence, irrespective of hierarchy
- Agile - Proactive and responsive to provide a strong member service; Improves throughout change; Resilient and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Commercial - Awareness of the wider business environment; provides ROI whilst delivering exceptional service.
- Innovative - Exploring, sharing and integrating best practice; generating new ideas and challenging a mind-set of "what we've always done"
- Analytical - Ensures data is accessible and up to date; is prepared for stakeholder engagements; uses insight and logic to influence.
Apply for Digital Content Editor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly