Product Development Manager
Marketing, Product, Planning, Development, Market Research
Your new company
A public sector organisation that operates like a commercial forward thinking organisation.
Your new role
Identifying and delivering opportunities to increase profitability, both from more effective commercial management of existing products / propositions and from the commercial development of new products / propositions. Collaborating with other teams and external partners to identify and develop new products/ propositions. Developing market insight and horizon scanning to identify market opportunities and threats. Responsibilities
- As Product Developer you'll support the Mining Reports Lead in developing and delivering the future mining reports strategy
- To manage new product development from concept through to launch
- Create, manage and communicate timelines and roadmaps for product development
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the mining reports industry to identify opportunities and understand how profitability can be maintained and/or improved
- Remain up to date with the Coal Authority's competitors and their products through completing regular research exercises, sharing your findings with the business, and using this insight to influence product development strategies
- Supporting the department in understanding product and pricing structures and advising on future direction
- You'll have the ability to keep a firm grasp on the key levers of profitability for the business area whilst identifying, evaluating and driving to completion
- Working closely with the Account Managers to generate and interpret market insight
- Working across organisational boundaries to drive product development and delivery
- Particular focus will be on close working with our ICT department, to ensure the effective delivery of solutions
- To have a strong, commercial mind-set and an ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Evaluate product performance of the Authority's product suite and other advisory services making recommendations for product enhancement and new product opportunities where appropriate
- Work closely with Brand & Communications, in particular the Marketing Manager, to effectively delivery any marketing strategies
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Product Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly