Application Support Analyst
5 days left
- Job Role
- Web Developer
- Hands-on Technical Support role.
- Work on cutting-edge enterprise solutions and technology.
- Flexible working hours, on-site parking, R&D.
What skills you’ll need
- Previous experience providing 2nd & 3rd line technical support, preferably supporting applications.
- Good understanding of application development.
- Basic .NET coding abilities, i.e. bug fixes, simple code changes etc.
- Experience/knowledge of other development languages would be a plus.
- Experience of SQL Server & features such as Reporting Services.
- Experience of web services such as SOAP/XML/REST.
- Knowledge of build management and release processes would be a bonus.
- Good working knowledge of Unix/Linux and an understanding of SQL & Powershell Scripting would also be good.
- Exposure to Cloud computing such as AWS or Azure is highly desirable.
Sat within the Enterprise Solutions and Defence Division you’ll be responsible for providing technical support to business customers. You’ll work closely the service delivery and project teams to provide 2nd & 3rd line support such as application fixes and workarounds as well as getting involved with ad-hoc development work as a result of customer change requests. You’ll be the go-to technical expert for customers, helping them to understand complex technical issues; therefore a good understanding off application development is key. Further, you’ll look after system builds and releases, supporting database and application upgrades on externally hosted environments and reporting software issues to relevant 3rd parties. You’ll be based out of their Chippenham office with some travel to customer sites across the South West to provide onsite consultation and support. You will also be expected to be available for the occasional scheduled out of hours evening and weekend work for which you’ll receive overtime compensation. This is a nice and varied role both in terms of the work you’ll be carrying out day to day and the projects you’ll be working on.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
On top a salary of up to £40K, you’ll be entitled to 25 days holiday, rising by 1 day each year, flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health care, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare vouchers and much more. With an emphasis on R&D, you’ll have access to excellent training and personal development opportunities.
If this sounds like a great opportunity to you, email your CV directly to Ellen for more info.
Apply for Application Support Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly