We have an excellent opportunity for a Content Writer to work with this dynamic digital company in Harrogate.
About the Company
Our client is an independent digital company based in Harrogate, they have operated in the lottery sector for over 20 years and now manage a portfolio of websites across a range of industries that attract millions of unique visitors every month.
Their online presence is continuing to grow, so they're looking for a talented Content Writer to join their editorial team to research and write original, engaging content for their websites.
About the Role
As a Content Writer you will have:
• A keen eye for a story and you'll use that to write unique, topical news articles and blog posts for a number of their websites.
• The ability to write content to inform users about a range of subjects, taking complex information and presenting it in an engaging, easy-to-understand way.
• The skills to contribute to projects that range in scope from updating an existing web page to the launch of a brand new website. This requires you to work closely with the rest of the content team, as well as website designers and SEO experts, to make sure all of your content fits the project brief.
The role of Content Writer requires impeccable spelling and grammar, and you will proofread all of your work before submitting it to the editor for publication. You will have strong research skills and know how to find information to create unique, exciting pieces of content. The role also requires a small amount of essential data entry and verification on a day to day basis.
This is the ideal role for someone looking to start their content writing career, or someone looking to build upon their existing skills as part of a motivated, supportive team of digital professionals.
• Write original, engaging content, including news articles, blog posts and help guides for their portfolio of websites
• Research industry-related topics and keywords to generate ideas for new content
• Conduct competitor research to find new content opportunities
• Review existing content to find areas for improvement
• Proofread all content thoroughly before submitting it to the editor for approval
• Work with website managers to ensure all content is optimised for search prior to publication
• Use style guides and project briefs to ensure content is accurate and relevant
• Market content to a wider audience, including through the use of social media and backlinks
• A small amount of essential data entry and verification on a day to day basis
What You'll Need
• A passion for writing and the ability to write engaging, shareable content on a range of subjects
• Excellent command of the English language and the ability to proofread and evaluate content effectively
• Strong research skills
• Impeccable spelling and grammar
• The ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
• Good attention-to-detail and the ability to work to deadlines
• The desire to excel and develop your content writing and digital m
Apply for Content Writer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly