Digital Communications Manager
We are on the hunt for a Digital Communications Manager to join the Digital and Innovation department at a really exciting time for the business.
The LNER brand is still pretty new on the scene, but with our brand purpose and values recently being unveiled, we now have this fantastic opportunity to join the team responsible for setting the tone of our conversation with our customers. We have ambitious plans for the company, starting with the launch of our brand new Azuma trains, which is going full steam ahead (pun intended!) and we’re looking to continually improve how we communicate with our customers too. This means fully embracing the digital landscape, so we need someone passionate and innovative who can really get their teeth into the development and delivery of customer messaging systems that are personalised, effective and timely.
This role is responsible for leading the multi-channel real-time strategy for CEM. This will involve the planning, development, delivery and reporting of all our real-time pro-active CEM campaigns. Focusing on both real-time journey communications and website inbound marketing, you will need to live and breathe customer experience to really drive improvements through our digital channels. With so many methods at your fingertips, you’ll need to be able to dissect and understand customer data and be able to identify the right messages to send, at the right times through the right channels to reach our customers, be that through proactive social media direct messaging, SMS, app push notification or Email.
We’re looking for a self-motivated Digital Personalised Comms Manager, able to identify and capitalise on emerging commercial opportunities, as you’ll be working to revenue targets. You’ll need to be fast paced, able to manage multiple work-streams in parallel ensuring effective delivery. Working closely with the Marketing, Brand, Digital and Revenue teams, you’ll need to be a team player, able to work collaboratively.
What will you do?
- Create the inbound marketing strategy and roadmap
- Effectively use various customer facing channels, including email, SMS, mobile push, social media direct messaging to engage our customer base
- Manage the development and delivery of Fare Augmentation capabilitiesUse personalisation to drive revenue, meeting goals and supporting the Commercial Business Plan
- Work closely with the CEM Analyst and Revenue Analytics team to deliver a data-driven approach to reporting and optimisation of all CEM real-time campaigns
- Manage the development and usage of IBM Interact technology
- Work closely with the campaign team to deliver inbound marketing campaigns that align with the outbound activity
- Lead the management of our CEM agencies and collaborating internally to deliver optimised real-time campaigns and reporting on success
Real Time Channel Management and Development
- You will be responsible for the real-time journey messaging system, monitoring and enhancing its delivery and continuous improvemen
- tCollaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop new opportunities for real-time communications and deliver a best in class customer experience
- Lead on the development of customer messaging for new real-time comms channels and projects
- Monitor the use of existing disruption communication tools and aid the improvement of these tools
What do we need you to have?
- Strong working experience in Marketing, ideally within CRM/Digital
- Be innovative and creative, continually improving and evolving
- Be data driven, able to turn insight in to action
- Have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, able to manage multiple stakeholders at once
- Have strong organisational skills and attention to detail, able to work to project plans
- Be able to build strong working partnerships with marketing agencies
- Be technically minded, with experience developing the vision and direction of digital products
- Experienced in producing revenue driving campaigns
- Able to use analytics tools including Google Analytics, with a good understanding of web front-end metrics
- Have strong commercial awareness, able to work to revenue targets
Is this ticking all of the boxes for you? If so, we’d love to hear from you, so dust off that CV and hit apply now….