Senior Ecommerce Optimisation Manager
Senior Ecommerce Optimisation Manager – Hertfordshire - £55-65k Dependent on Experience (potential stretch)
Our client is the UK’s leading leisure experience provider. Their core focus is to deliver happiness to their customers, suppliers, staff and retail partners. They aim to do this by providing industry leading products.
As Senior Ecommerce Optimisation Manager you will sit within the Marketing department, reporting into the Head of Ecommerce.
The ecommerce team is a team of traders, website merchandisers, web designers, and UX/CRO specialists. Together they are accountable for ensuring the delivery of B2C sales and conversion targets through all marketing channels within budgeted spend constraints. The team co-ordinates across many different areas of the business, including digital marketing and acquisition, buying, fulfilment and IT.
About the Senior Ecommerce Optimisation Manager role
We’re looking for a forward-thinking individual who is passionate about ecommerce. You will be responsible for the creation, delivery and success of online functionality improvements, the optimisation of existing user journeys and introduction of new innovative concepts, with a focus on improving website conversion rates, and hence meeting sales targets.
The role is supported by a team (currently x2) of experienced Product Owners, who have a day to day focus on ensuring the CRO roadmap is prioritised correctly and delivered efficiently. The PO team work closely with the web design, web optimisation and web trading teams. Responsibility covers the main websites, our Recipient Activation/Exchange websites, and any products developed in the future (such as Apps, etc).
- Responsible for creation and delivery of strategic website development initiatives to drive performance and conversion of the websites
- Collaboration across PO team and the wider business, to define a forward-looking roadmap, using web analytics and customer insight to prioritise opportunities in line with wider business requirements
- Work alongside Web Trading Team to identify customer drop out points or low converting functionality and to develop technical solutions to alleviate these pinch points
- Take ownership of individual product area and full responsibility for leading development in this area, including:
- Identifying areas of improvement that will contribute to increased sales and improved customer experience
- Managing development projects from end to end including spec, development of proposed wireframes, tagging brief, QA, UAT, post launch analysis and ongoing optimisation
- Ensuring bugs are identified and resolved promptly to ensure no impact on day to day trading
- Working with the wider Product Owner team to ensure that all development is prioritised effectively
- Assist in wider business projects that impact product areas to ensure that the best solutions are put in place to help deliver the optimum customer experience
- Develop strong understanding of business processes and systems
- Support business with delivery of other online projects
- Manage and develop a team of 2 direct reports
Desired Skills and Experience
This Senior Ecommerce Optimisation Manager role will best suit an individual who is well organised, pragmatic, and a lateral thinker, with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to work both individually and as part of a team.
The nature of the role means it varies from supporting live issues on current technologies, developing roadmaps, and supporting product creation from conception to live.
- You must have a minimum of 5 years strategic Website Development experience - with a focus on front end user improvements
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role for an Ecommerce based business / transactional website, with a focus on template and customer journey optimisation, or introduction of new initiatives
- Able to demonstrate exposure to and experience of being a key project stakeholder in web based projects
- Exceptional web analytics knowledge (either Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Google Analytics, Coremetrics)
- Experience of working with UX/development teams
- Experience from a retail or commercial background
- Experience of managing a proactive and independent team
- Previous experience of using Endeca will be an advantage.
- High attention to detail with an ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural planner, looking ahead, anticipating and escalating issues before they arise, providing solutions, and meeting deadlines
- Quick learner with ability to think pro-actively and build solid working relationships with wider members of the business
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation
- This role does not require any skills related to project management, scrum or development.
Full detailed Senior Ecommerce Optimisation Manager job spec provided on application so please forward CV’s quoting reference 11/15288/7 Visit our website for further opportunities
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive. If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website