Senior Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager, Business Information, London, £55k + Bonus
This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading media business providing its clients with premium news; analysis; data; insight and market intelligence.
We are seeking a Marketing Lead for a division based in London. The role holder will lead on all marketing activity across the division, ensuring high quality of delivery to meet business targets. You’ll need to demonstrate an understanding of how to market a licensed premium digital data product. You’re responsible for marketing strategy, plans and activity. You must have strong experience and skills planning and managing common digital and offline channels, and be comfortable using marketing technology and understanding related data and processes.
This is a fast moving, entrepreneurial business and you’ll need to balance taking the lead on activity with helping to deliver it. Operating in a friendly, non-hierarchical group you’ll need to be happy building new relationships and someone who enjoys working with a wide variety of stakeholders. You must have a highly collaborative, proactive style and love learning new things and dealing with change.
The role reports to the Group CMO with a dotted reporting line to the Division’s Managing Director. You’ll have a team of two reporting to you. The role will involve occasional travel to Europe, the US and Asia.
Day to day you’ll work closely with Sales and Editorial plus the Customer Engagement Coordinator to focus on generating new leads for our subscription products, maximising customer retention and sales margin. You’ll be responsible for determining the right channel mix and priority, considering how elements such as the websites and social media work together to provide an engaging and seamless experience. You’ll agree a marketing budget each year and use it to deliver great value. You’ll need to decide our strategy for using suppliers and agencies to supplement the small team - you’ll need to roll your sleeves up and personally deliver much of the work. That means writing briefs, determining and measuring KPIs, liaising with designers and developers and writing copy. You’ll interpret customer engagement data in order to develop compelling propositions and product development.
You’ll be responsible for the productivity and personal development of your team. You’ll need to ensure they have what they need to do their jobs, are performing to a high standard, and have good relationships with their colleagues and stakeholders. You’re a point of escalation when challenges arise and need to be constantly aware of what’s going on in order to keep the Group CMO and Division’s MD up to date.
The teams within the division are diverse and spread across multiple locations so you’ll need strong verbal and written communication skills to build relationships. You’ll also need good basic project management skills to deliver a high volume of work with many moving parts. You’ll be expected to put processes in place to measure the effectiveness of all marketing activity you carry out and help build business cases for further investment.
Required experience, skills and behaviours:
- Solid experience in a senior marketing manager or similar role delivering a high volume of effective B2B marketing activity across channels on time and budget.
- Experience working closely with internal sales teams to manage the lead generation process.
- Line management experience.
- Highly autonomous and proactive with strong communication skills – the Group CMO is often in other offices and relies on you to manage things locally.
- Ability to see the big picture and to judge when to get into the detail.
- Results driven, commercial mindset.
- Good understanding and experience of using marketing technology – CRM and email broadcast tools in particular.
- Solid experience using a range of common digital and offline channels including web and mobile apps, email, SEO, PPC, social media, PR, brochures – ability to demonstrate how you’ve designed and implemented multi-channel campaigns to deliver good results.
- Confident working with senior internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of how to design tracking and reports with feedback cycles to ensure activity is measurable and insights are actionable.
- Skills to write good quality marketing copy.
- Good attention to detail and time management.
Desirable experience and skills
- CIM qualified.
- Marketing user of Salesforce or equivalent advanced CRM technology.
- Marketing user of Marketo or equivalent advanced marketing automation technology.
- Previous experience marketing B2B licenced/subscription products.
- Experience managing direct and dotted line reports when working in agile project-focussed environments.
In return you’ll be offered the chance to develop and lead a team as well as a generous bonus & package.
For more information on this exciting Marketing Lead position please contact Ross Brander at Brandgaard Recruitment
Apply for Senior Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly