Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager | Gatwick | Salary up to £36,000 depending on experience + Potential Bonus + Excellent Benefits
A job where looking at cat photos and snapping dog selfies is a must? It really does exist!
Purina Pet Care, the company behind some of the biggest names in dog and cat food in the UK, are looking for a creative, resourceful, and forward-thinking Social Media Manager to join the Digital team based in our Gatwick head office.
You’ll be the voice and personality behind well-known brands such as Felix, Beta, Gourmet, and Purina in social: developing compelling editorial and creative that celebrates our #WeAreBetterWithPets philosophy and champions our brands in social. If you’re passionate about pets and have a love for all things digital, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
A day in the life of...
As Social Media Manager, you’ll manage the always-on content across our key brands across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube: developing a strategic content plan, creating best-in-class social editorial, engaging with influencers, exploring growth and engagement opportunities through listening, and being a strong advocate for pet owners within the business using valuable insight from social.
- Tweet, comment, snap, Instagram and more! Developing and managing original, professional, and engaging social content that drives real value for our brands, including reactive opportunities.
- Use data and social feedback to inform brand and internal teams on consumer opinion, content or campaign successes and learnings, and develop ideas for future social campaigns.
- Understand consumer and social trends, and the changing digital landscape, to leverage opportunities plus ensure we’re timely and relevant in our content.
- Monitor brand and keyword mentions for opportunities to meaningfully engage and grow our communities, and provide analysis to internal teams.
- Track social media channels and content performance, benchmarking our activities against previous Purina content, other Nestle brands, plus our competitors and the industry
What will make you successful?
As the successful individual, you will be an experienced social media professional who has a great academic background, ideally qualified to degree level within a creative field. You’ll be comfortable with best practice copy-writing, content creation and analysing social metrics to drive learnings. You will be familiar with social and platform best practice and have a flair for creative content across various brands’ tone of voice. Building relationships with influencers and meaningfully tapping into social trends will be a proven skill that you will leverage to develop a strong and trusted presence across our social platforms. You will also have:
- A portfolio of great content to showcase your social media experience.
- Natural flair for social copy-writing and how to adapt content to perform best on individual channels.
- Great photography and Photoshop skills, ideally with video editing also.
- Experience of working with a social CMS e.g. Sprinklr or similar.
- Be able to demonstrate a good level of MS Excel and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects with fast-moving deadlines.
- Be able to work individually on a project or in a team environment and understand the importance of great networking to deliver great results.
And… It goes without saying that you will be proactive and organised with excellent attention-to-detail.
If you are submitting an application, please include a portfolio of your work.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth all centered round a supportive and ambitious team.
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Nestlé UK & I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.