Marketing Executive – Exciting Charity
Marketing Executive – Exciting Charity
Are you an imaginative Marketing Executive with a talent for storytelling? Want to help shape the voice of an award-winning charity with a growing international brand? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are the School of Hard Knocks (SOHK), a charity that changes lives using rugby, boxing and strongman courses, supported by a curriculum of powerful life lessons. We work with unemployed adults to find and sustain employment and with school children at risk of exclusion to help them reengage with education.
Life is an uneven playing field. We help level it out.
On a daily basis, we meet people with incredible stories: some intensely sad, others wonderfully inspiring. Our work ensures that the next chapter of their lives is one of triumph. Our next challenge is to promote and communicate what we do – and how effective we are – with our current and potential supporters.
As such, we’re looking for a Marketing Executive to join us, ideally starting as soon as possible, to help us win hearts, minds and support for our cause.
- Salary of £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Annual team training and social trip and regular socials throughout the year
- Free coffee, beer, cider and prosecco and breakfast on Mondays at our WeWork office
- Take on a varied role where you can let your creativity run free
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment
This is an incredible opportunity to support the success of a ground-breaking charity that helps hundreds of disengaged school children and unemployed adults every year.
You will have the chance to share the stories of people who’ve been left behind by society, the struggles they’ve faced and how our services have helped them turn their lives around.
We’re always finding ways to engage with our supporters. In August, we’ll be attempting a Guinness Book of World Records Award for the longest game of rugby (with some ex-rugby stars taking part) and we’ll be getting involved in various events for the rugby world cup. From the second you join the team, you can rest assured that there will never be a dull moment.
As a Marketing Executive, you’ll shout about all of the amazing work SOHK does by running the charity’s external communications and marketing activities.
In this broad role, you will:
- Collate news and stories from teams across the charity
- Create exciting and innovative content that engages and inspires
- Interview supporters, such as rugby players and the people we help, occasionally on camera
- Deliver social media-based campaigns
- Work with our Campaigns Co-ordinator to reach out to potential donors via social media
- Help to promote specific events
- Assist with the creation of our newsletter content
To join us as a Marketing Executive, you’ll need:
- Direct experience with digital campaigns
- Marketing or content production experience
- A track record of utilising all social media channels
- Experience of producing written content
- A fantastic eye for detail
It would be great if you had third sector fundraising experience, but this isn’t essential. It would also be an advantage if you had Adobe InDesign skills to create fantastic layouts, or Adobe Premier Pro skills to film, edit and craft quality videos.
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Marketing Executive, Communications Executive, Copywriter, Content Executive, Comms Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Writer, Journalist or Reporter.
Webrecruit and the School of Hard Knocks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking a rewarding and varied role as a Marketing Executive, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.