Senior Communications Officer
Senior Communications Officer - Part time
£17ph - £21ph
A leading Public sector organisation based in Leeds Due to an increase in activity, my client is looking for a Senior Communications Officer to work within their international team. This role is responsible for providing professional communications and engagement services through employing communications skills and supporting the implementation of tactical communications plans
- Update the international engagement communications strategy that clearly articulates the organisations international commitments.
- Produce a communications plan that details our international engagement activities and partnership activities
- Co-ordinate communications activity related to international work areas and share information, as required.
- Support the production of internal and external articles related to international activities
- Produce content including good news stories for our internal webpage to share information and learning from our international activity.
- Promote international engagement activities on social media.
- Share international activity information with other communications colleagues to feed into newsletters, communications grid etc.
- Contribute towards press releases and support social media activity related to the mission.
- Review trade mission briefing pack and ensure meets brand guidelines and check accuracy and sensitivity of information.
- Review promotional flyers for international events that will be circulated to our industry list.
- Support press/media enquiries and interview requests
- Experience of working with other communications and marketing practitioners in a multi-channel environment such as a broadly-based communications team or an agency, with exposure to and involvement in the creation of campaigns.
- Communications experience within a complex and sensitive environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills: able to provide clear communications materials and fluently adapt style and tone for different audiences/output
- Demonstrable experience of embedding evaluation into communications work to ensure best value for money and a continuous cycle of improvement
- Experience of delivering effective low and no-cost communications
- Capable of reaching timely and effective decisions based on the appropriate use of information.
- Able to develop key messages for interaction which are relayed appropriately and with clarity and consistency.
- Able to provide Customers/Stakeholders with a positive experience of the service delivered.
If you are immediately available for a 6 month contract and actively looking for a Senior Communications Officer role on a part time basis, please do not hesitate to contact Samantha Oswald on 0113 200 3755
Apply for Senior Communications Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly