Social Media Manager - Online Gaming
Role: Social Media Manager – Online Gaming
Location: London, when it’s safe to return to offices
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 base
Benefits: Pension, healthcare, life assurance
What could be more fun than having a job which includes coming up with ideas like floating a giant rubber duck down the Thames. Or sending a mariachi band to a Presidential candidate on the campaign trail. All in the interest of driving visibility of a brand and driving consumer engagement.
This is organic social media through and through. Combining creativity with project management skills to get those amazing and viral ideas out there to engage the public.
The brand you will be doing this for is already high in the public eye. Principally through a massive ATL media spend, but also off the back of their relatively unique positioning of being ethically biased in a market which typically isn’t.
You will own their social media strategy, principally targeting age groups of 25 and over, this is delivered via Facebook and Instagram. But deciding what future platforms will be suitable and relevant will also be your domain.
You will have agency support, briefing in projects, keeping them abreast of the strategy and overseeing their performance. There’s also a media production company supporting and you will control budget and spend with both.
Whilst principally, this role is setting own owning just organic social media, there is potential scope to develop the role into also taking on paid social. Should you have the ambition to do so, and can also demonstrate the keen analytical/numbers focus this will require
In addition, there’s a budget for Influencer marketing and engagement. They’ve trialled a few to mixed results in the past. It’s a channel they’re interested in trying to crack successfully, but it’s got to provide a decent ROI. So you will have control on deciding what the right direction is to take for this programme might be.
KPI’s for this position will be:
- Creation and delivery of the strategic plan for social media
- Page likes (for vanity), engagement scores and driving them upwards (for real value)
- Demonstrating the ability to remain on top of projects in flight, as well as those in planning
- Managing and activating their sponsorships and partnerships effectively through social. Especially in promoting their ethical positioning
- Looking at and bringing in relevant new tech, as well as horizon scanning for new channel opportunities to engage with the right audiences
- Be the subject matter expert for all things social media
The year ahead
They’ve got a big launch of a new product offering coming up. It’s being supported by big events which could be activated over social media channels, as well as full TTL campaign support to. So you will be getting involved in this.
Then there’s big seasonal promotion campaigns coming up to the end of the year. Those typically drive great engagement opportunities, especially with the right social media strategies behind them too.
So it’s a great time to be joining what is a very exciting challenger brand who’s making quite a splash.
Their area of specialism is within gaming. It’s a relatively lean start-up/scale up environment and you will be reporting to the Head of division, but will be the lead for all things organic social media in the business.
As mentioned above, there’s scope for expansion of remit and the firm is happy to support you, should in future you have ambition to take on owning paid social channels too.
You’ve got to be more than a social influencer. This role is about owning the social media presence and strategy for a brand. So they really want someone who understands how to make that work brand side.
You’ve got to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience within a high profile, content driven social media programme on behalf of a consumer brand
- Creative, you love coming up with big ideas which will really grab target consumer’s attention
- Good project management skills, able to deliver to deadlines and not let things slip when it gets busy
- You like entrepreneurial environments, and don’t rely in corporate rule books and structures to get things done
- You’ve owned agency relationships and budgets before
- You get the mechanics in how an effective social media strategy – and that likes are for vanity, it’s engagement that’s important
- Relevant experience gained either agency or end brand owner sides are fine
If you think you’ve got what it takes, you can share your Linkedin profile or email me a CV – it doesn’t have to be up to date, we can work on that once you decide you want to take this forward.
Or, for a chat and more information please contact me on:
Head of Recruitment – Digital and Marketing
Every application will receive a response.