Engagement Officer £150-£170 per Day PAYE including holiday pay -Central London to start ASAP for six Months. Please note this role can be onboarded remotely
To be accountable for engagement with our key strategic stakeholder groups, including business groups, freight and fleet associations, infrastructure bodies, accessibility organisations, sustainable transport groups, cycling and walking organisations, charities, London TravelWatch and passenger groups and watchdogs, and schools and young people The post-holder will assist the Engagement Lead, Strategic Stakeholder Groups, and the Engagement Managers in providing the business with a single view of our key stakeholders. You will support the Stakeholder and Advocacy Engagement team in improving TfL's approach to policy and decision-making on projects and initiatives, and in building and maintaining advocacy from our core stakeholder groups to create a favourable policy, legislative and funding environment, and in protecting and enhancing TfL and the Mayor's reputation.
- Executing integrated engagement strategies targeting our key strategic stakeholder audiences, in accordance with risk profile, ensuring TfL's reputation and high ethical standards are maintained and enhanced, and supporting team and business objectives
- Building and maintaining strong, credible and meaningful relationships with these stakeholders to provide deep and well-substantiated insight and analysis of their agendas to support our strategic relationship-building on project and operational issues
- Collaborating internally to engage with our key strategic stakeholders on MTS objectives, successfully managing stakeholders' responses, particularly those affected or interested, to negotiate issues, achieve mutual outcomes, gain understanding and generate advocacy
- Gaining regular feedback from key external audiences, and sharing relevant intelligence and information with the Engagement Managers, Lead and Head of team, as well as with the Local Communities and Partnerships, Government and Parliamentary Relations and Corporate Communications teams, and colleagues across the business, and helping to challenge our internal processes and policies when appropriate
- Production of high-quality written briefings, speeches and correspondence, often to short deadlines, for the Commissioner and other senior internal colleagues, maintaining TfL and the Mayor's reputation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the below: -
- Educated to at least degree level, or with equivalent relevant qualification or suitable experience
- Strong working knowledge of external affairs engagement and approaches
- Strong knowledge of relevant policy areas (such as economic policy)
- Sound understanding of the strategic issues and needs of London
- A good understanding of the relationship between the Media, political decision makers and our key influential stakeholders.
- Strong influencing, networking and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate across levels and teams within the organisation to achieve effective stakeholder and TfL outcomes.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to turn complex technical information into concise and coherent communications for different audiences, working to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to take own initiative to resolve issues
- Strong organisational skills
- Good experience of strategic stakeholder relations and engagement, preferably within a policy development and/or advocacy context
- Experience in engaging external audiences and institutions to secure third party advocacy.
- Experienced in working in a mainstream public affairs environment, or as part of an integrated communications team to achieve strategic objectives.
- Experienced in managing events or public consultations
- Ideally you would have worked in a similar stakeholder engagement position for at least five years
- Public sector experience is essential
If this role is of interest, please do apply ASAP with a word version of your CV by Friday the 18th of September by midday. Feel free to contact me via email