Interim Social Media Manager – Sports Nutrition - FMCG Food/Drink
Role: Interim Social Media Manager – Sports Nutrition - FMCG Food/Drink
Location: Home based
Rate: £280-350 per day (DoE)
Term: 6 months likely to begin with, potentially moving into a rolling engagement
If you’re scanning around job headlines and are time poor, here’s the summary of what you need to know about this role:
- Outside IR35 engagement and will be for the foreseeable – the company doesn’t meet the criteria set out to need to do a review of this yet
- Looking for someone to start asap
- Start-up within the consumer goods industry, notably food and drink / sports nutrition space
- You can find their product on major etail and traditional retail channels with a number of big names stocking their products
- Reports to the owner/founder
- Autonomous role – you’ll be owning strategy and execution. There will be agencies supporting too
- They have a presence already on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter – but there’s lots of work to do in scaling this capability across both paid and organic. Also horizon scanning for trends, and looking at how to use and engage with other platforms too.
Right, with the headlines complete, for those of you who are interested in knowing more about the detail, here it is.
The firm has existed for about 4+ years, and their product targets a specific segment within the sports nutrition sector. It’s a product which you’d expect anyone who’s looking to put on some muscle, or looking to remove carbs and sugar from their diet would be very interested in.
Their approach to date across all social channels has been a mix of paid and organic, but the tone, stories and approach hasn’t been so joined up. This is why they need you after all.
To help mature their approach. Bringing in your knowledge in how to define a proper strategy and activate it across all relevant platforms. Building a content calendar for each platform.
To also look at how they create their presence on new and emerging trends like TikTok, or Instagram Stories.
To review their influencer strategy and help define a more meaningful way of utilising this as a means to grow impact, and how that translate to bottom line sales too.
Being a start-up, don’t expect to see lots of red tape, but also not huge budgets either. This is about being clever, frugal and measured.
Ensuring every ££ spent is delivering the appropriate ROI.
You’ll have a couple of agencies supporting you, and you’ll be responsible for distributing and briefing in work, as well as managing, critiquing and curating their output in order to ensure value for money is being delivered too.
Key experience necessary
- Experience within FMCG, Food and Drink or Sports Nutrition sectors – owning the social media presence for a brand
- You’ve been responsible for both strategy and execution aspects across multiple platforms
- Solid appreciation for what works and what doesn’t across each platform
- Commercially sound – with good understanding of establishing measures of success. Analysing campaign effectiveness and value return
- Good knowledge of handling both paid media and organic social media progammes
Must be able to live and work in the UK unrestricted.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, you can share your Linkedin profile or email me a CV – it doesn’t have to be up to date, we can work on that once you decide you want to take this forward.
Or, for a chat and more information please contact me on:
Senior Consultant - Digital
Every application will receive a response