Account Director, Central London – Up to £63k dependent on experience
Do you want to work at a leading healthcare agency? This Account Director will be involved in bold, exciting work.
This agency believe communications should revolve around human emotion This Account Director should pride themselves on delivering tangible outcomes that ultimately improve healthcare delivery and the lives of patients.
This Account Director will have a background in medical education. They’ll make a great impact on consumers’ lives.
This Account Director will have these core responsibilities:
• Lead day-to-day client counsel, taking responsibility for communicating key programme aims and adaptations to clients
• Work closely with the Medical/Editorial Teams to ensure that content is of the highest scientific rigor, strategically robust and that client services team members adhere to internal SOPs
• Oversee Client Service Team and help lead the development of plans for client work with the Senior Lead / Director
• Take responsibility for quality control of team’s work and provide constructive feedback on the tone and creative direction of the work. Where required, provide support to team in effectively briefing team members on revising materials appropriately
• Demonstrate coaching skills by taking every opportunity to provide guidance and support to team members
• Maintain and share key contacts with team. Develop excellent relationships with influencers, third parties, key senior client contacts.
• Continuously update and maintain understanding and knowledge of the therapeutic market in which clients operate
• Take every opportunity to make recommendations and suggestions to the senior lead regarding best practice and potential for organic growth
This Account Director will have theis Strategic Thinking:
• Contribute to strategic plans, proposals and documents
• Take positive and timely action to address and re-align work to client objectives, where required
• Identify opportunities to add value by extending existing programmes and opportunities for organic growth
• Continuously develop an understanding clients, environmental factors and scientific/ medical information that may impact accounts, making appropriate recommendations internally and externally
• Participate in company projects at an operational level (outside of client work) e.g agency communications (PR and social media)
This Account Director will have these Client Service skills:
• Ensure the delivery of programmes and events across the team to the highest standard through reviewing materials on a regular basis and providing feedback
• Secure client feedback making appropriate suggestions and recommendation to Client Service Director/Director on opportunities to improve future programmes
This Account Director will have these commercial and financial management skills:
• Create or oversee programme budgets, including budget summaries, proposals and project reconciliations
• Lead or oversee budget management, actively seek opportunities for any additional projects with clients
• Provide accurate forecasts on the account to enable future planning and help to ensure that projects are delivered on target
This Account Director will have these leadership and line management skills:
• Demonstrate gravitas to represent the agency professionally especially in the presence of clients
• Work closely with editorial, design and digital teams to ensure effective delivery of projects, highlighting any issues to senior team, where required
• Lead team meetings and share client and company information to keep team informed and engaged
• Complete performance reviews, objective setting and career and development planning for direct reports
• Coach, mentor and motivate junior team members, ensure objectives are met and individuals have clear career plans
• Regularly engage in dialogue with colleagues to ensure an accurate view and understanding of their workload, delegate projects and activities to stretch performance and capability
This Account Director will have these business development skills:
• Play an active role in new business pitches, search and explore opportunities with former-clients and contacts as much as possible
• Provide suggestions to Client Service Directors/Directors for opportunities to grow and expand our work with existing clients
• Encourage team to contribute to and participate in new business activity including research, brainstorms, making client contact and presenting, as appropriate
This Account Director will have this experience / skills:
• Solid track record in medical communications/ education
• Previous Senior Account Manager role at an agency
• Excellent project management skills, and commercial awareness
• Superb attention to detail
• Excellent verbal communication and client influencing skills
• Ability to multi task and perform under pressure
• Line management experience
Sound like the kind of Account Director role you’re looking for? We want to hear from you as soon as possible.
Please quote AP983 when applying for this Account Director role.
Please also visit www.air-recruitment.com/