Senior Communications and Engagement Officer
Day rate: £180 - £220 PAYE
Start date: ASAP
Organisation: Local Government
Contract length: 6 - 9 months
Your new role
The post holder will be responsible for the development and co-ordination of stakeholder engagement, communications and marketing activity relating to the portfolio of the organisations Regeneration & Economic Development Unit, including co-ordinating the preparation and delivery of this activity, extending the reach of the team's work across the organisation and to external stakeholders. The post holder will also assist in project planning and management to support the delivery of regeneration & economic development programmes and projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working in the public sector in a communications and engagement role
- Previously executed integrated engagement strategies targeting specific stakeholder audiences
- Previously delivered effective multi-channel campaigns
- Experience building and maintaining strong, credible and meaningful relationships with assigned stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of relevant policies, and the policy and political environment related to the core stakeholder audience
- Strong influencing, networking and relationship-building skills
- Previously managed press enquires and crisis communications
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact me on the details below.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking to a new position, feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.