Senior Marketing Executive - SEO
Position: Senior Marketing Executive - SEO
Salary: £36,216 per annum
Start date: ASAP
BMJ has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Executive to join our marketing team. We are looking for someone who can plan and implement SEO strategies and activities to optimise BMJ’s websites for organic search across our portfolio of brands in support of overall business and customer KPIs; ensuring integration with broader business activities and company strategy, with the objective of becoming a centre of excellence in organic search. The role holder analyses BMJ’s websites for improvements, has an in-depth knowledge of keyword research, understands SEO copywriting and serves a liaison between various departments.
The main responsibilities are:
Planning and strategy
- Both strategic and operational, the role holder plans and implements SEO strategies and activities for BMJ’s websites in order to drive KPIs Works across departments as an advisor on individual SEO strategies, and provides bespoke tactical plans Develops a best practice strategy for SEO, educating others in the organisation who may be involved in developing websites, creating, or uploaded content Supports the Head of Customer Marketing and other key stakeholders in the development of BMJ’s digital strategy.
- Collaborates with Marketing Managers to maximise tactical campaigns with timely and relevant use of SEO, applying customer insight.
- Works closely with the PPC specialist to understand and optimise the relationship between SEO and PPC Proactive activity: Defines and executes SEO plans on a business need and project basis, in some cases making direct changes to the site/s, and at other times working with other departments to implement change Reactive, ad hoc activity: Responds to changes in the product or market with SEO activities
Analytics and reporting
- Gatekeeper of SEO analytical tools such as SEO Moz, SEM Rush etc, driving adoption, and providing training to internal users Analyses and reports on the impact of SEO changes/improvements regularly, gives presentations to key stakeholders, and produces reports on findings.
Building expertise and innovation
- Keeps abreast of and communicates changes in the external market environment in regards to organic search - such as the latest trends, changes in algorithms, best practice, and innovation Informs, educates and engages the business with SEO; the role holder is an SEO champion, passionately presenting to internal stakeholders, and regularly communicating to the company
- Ensures the business is current with SERP (search engine results page) updates by establishing and sharing a full understanding of SERP changes and advises on how to adapt strategy. Provides technical advice. Informs the business of the impact that SEO changes and developments have had.
- Works very closely with the other members of the Customer Marketing Team to integrate learnings from other channels and inform the marketing strategy. Promotes joined up campaign execution through a collaboration of key stakeholders across the digital channels (e.g. Social, PPC etc), but also with PR, the data and analysis team, those responsible for content, and optimising user journeys.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and implementing SEO strategies and activities (either client or agency side)
- High level of competency in digital analytics and SEO reporting tools, – Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Link Building (e.g. Majestic SEO/Open Explorer) Crawler Software (e.g. Screaming Frog and Deepcrawl), Search Metrics, BrightEdge, Search Engine Business Listings (e.g. Google My Business and Bing Places) An understanding of customer acquisition and how SEO functions within the wider channel mix
- Strong project management skills: experience running several concurrent projects with multiple tasks/stakeholders across international markets.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A cross functional collaborator; a keen collaborator, the role holder will work closely with stakeholders across the business to achieve shared goals. Creative problem solver - BMJ’s sites span a breadth of platforms, content types and business models. The role holder is able to understand these intricacies and find workable solutions to optimise the sites.
Why should you apply?
BMJ is a global healthcare knowledge provider with a vision for a healthier world. We share knowledge and expertise to improve healthcare outcomes.
You may know us as the publisher of one of the world’s most cited general medical journals, The BMJ. We also publish over 70 specialty journals, many of which are the most influential titles in their field.
We also offer digital professional development courses and clinical decision support tools to help medical institutions and clinicians tackle today’s most critical healthcare challenges.
Evidence underpins everything we do – it’s what makes us one of the world’s most trusted knowledge providers. And the figures speak for themselves. More than 50 million users from over 150 countries access our websites every year.
BMJ is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Medical Association (BMA), with nearly 500 employees worldwide. Our head office is located within the Grade II listed BMA House in Euston, London, with more offices in China, India, North America, and Wales.
At BMJ we take equal opportunities very seriously, diversity and inclusion are more than just words, they are an organizational priority. We are building a culture where everyone feels able to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We encourage applications from under-represented groups and we are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
You will be able to join any of our employee-led networks focussing on: Gender, Cultural Diversity, Sexual Orientation, Mental Health and Wellbeing, Parents and Carers and Age.
We offer flexible work arrangements to all our employees.
Those who come to work with us are assured of a rewarding career in an increasingly global company. In return, we offer a great place to work with a wide range of benefits, including:
- Twenty-five days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, a BMA Day the opportunity to gain more holiday entitlement through long service employment Additional days’ leave for moving house, volunteering or getting married Onsite gym, fitness classes and subsidised canteen and cafeteria Double matching employer pension contribution, up to 12% Multiple discounts [from major stores] through MyReward employee benefits platform. Season ticket loan, gym membership and cycle to work scheme Seven x salary life assurance cover Regular social events, diversity and inclusion groups, and charity fundraising initiatives to get involved in
Apply for Senior Marketing Executive - SEO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly