Digital Marketing Manager
Your new company
Wincanton is the largest British logistics firm, providing supply chain consultancy and solutions to some of the world's most admired brands. We employ approximately 19,100 people across more than 200 sites and have a 3,500-strong fleet of vehicles. An absolute commitment to continuous improvement, is just one of the reasons why many of our customer relationships extend to more than 20 years.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications this role requires an expert storyteller who is plugged in to the digital ecosphere. You should be able to think through the customer experience and craft engaging copy for touchpoints throughout the digital journey. Your copy should break through the noise yet stay within brand guidelines and keeping testing and tracking for high end-user engagement (ROI).
As well as excellent written skills, you will have a proven track record of expert digital skills as you will be responsible for managing website content through the CMS, keyword research with SEO expertise, PPC and social media monitoring experience, complemented with an understanding of CRM and marketing automation platforms.
Working with key stakeholders across the business, candidates should be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Digital content creation - lead and manage all writing and creation for digital content, that adheres to Wincanton's brand guidelines, style and tone, to develop high quality, consistent and professional content to support the Group and sales teams.
- Digital content strategy and planning - work with the Head of Marketing & Communications in creating and delivering a comprehensive digital content strategy and plan for 2022.
- Content planning - lead and manage the mining and development of all relevant content and stories. This will include leading regular content editorial meetings
- Insight - utilise market research and insight to leverage content and determine the best format for deliver the best results.
- SEO - oversee and manage all SEO activity working with digital agency to maximise our reach and effectiveness of all digital content
- Website management - manage the regular review and update of the Group website content with experts from around the business to ensure its relevancy to the audience and is continually engaging.
- Digital advertising - oversee and monitor digital advertising (PPC, banner adverts) to maximise effectiveness of messaging to targeted audience
- Social media -
- develop and managing the Group's social media strategy
- setting up and executing social media campaigns across our channels, in particular LinkedIn
- monitor daily for positive and negative mentions and proactively act accordingly to protect brand reputation
- Marketing automation & CRM - lead the development and creation of online campaigns using our marketing automation tool, to include nurturing activity, personalisation and dynamic copy, in conjunction with the wider marketing and sales team.
- monitor (digital) communication channels and conversations to ensure a positive customer experience and to pick up and react to any issues
- develop, maintain and circulate monthly reporting on activities.
- As required, present Group marketing activities / updates to key stakeholders
There will be an expectation for some UK travel.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience developing and implementing multichannel content marketing strategies geared to maximise inbound lead generation and increase brand awareness
- Excellent written communications skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong experience in search engine optimisation, at both a strategic and operational level, including on-page optimisation and off-site link building.
- Ability to report on complex digital marketing data and derive meaningful insight.
- Demonstrable knowledge of email marketing and campaign best practices, including split-testing, deliverability optimisation, personalisation, automation and GDPR compliance.
- Strong experience of paid digital advertising via social and search networks.
- An excellent working knowledge of Google Analytics, Search Console, Data Studio and Google optimise.
- Proactive approach and forward thinking, with the ability to work independently to set deadlines
- High enthusiasm and drive coupled with good interpersonal skills and being a good communicator, along with being a quick learner
- Strong project management, multi-tasking and decision-making skills
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools
- Proficiency with online marketing and social media strategy
- Degree in marketing, business or related field or CIM qualifications, along with 3-5 years+ expertise in B2B digital / content role
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and supporting package. The opportunity to work for an established business at an extremely exciting time for the marketing team!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Rebecca on 01173746336
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Digital Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly