Product Marketing Manager
Your new company
We are the UK's leading app and digital platform for Electric Vehicle (EV) drivers enabling them to search for charge points, plan journeys, pay on participating networks and share updates with other EV drivers.
With the backing of Good Energy, the leading renewable energy company, Zap-Map's mission is to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles and help the drive towards zero carbon mobility.
Zap-Map attracts more than 130,000 UK cross platform users per month. We are the go-to data source for the industry. We enable the Zap-Map community to add daily status and info updates to charging points and can make their home and work charge points available to other EV drivers as part of the peer-to-peer Zap-Home and Zap-Work network.
With over 10 years of industry experience and unique data sets, Zap-Map offers a range of B2B services including promotion, content, data and market insights. Our mobile apps have enjoyed rapid growth in the UK with over 350k download to date and are central to our digital strategy, serving over 90,000 monthly active users.
You'll work closely with the senior management team to help define our customer experience strategy and roadmap, and then work to deliver that roadmap with the development team.
Your new role
We are now looking for a dedicated Product Marketing Manager to support the accelerating adoption of the Zap-Map app by both consumer and commercial users. You will have a strong background in app-based product marketing as well as broad experience in the field of marketing, particularly digital marketing.
You will be experienced in Customer Relationship Management and comfortable using CRM tools to engage with (potential) users.
You will report to the COO and, as well as your core responsibilities, will provide general marketing support as necessary around e.g. building the company-wide marketing plan, brand building, defining brand style guides, managing (digital) marketing campaigns, working with 3rd party agencies, exhibiting at events, lead generation/management, etc.
You will work closely with the Product Development department to ensure that relevant user insights are taken into account in the app product roadmap. You will also liaise closely with the Content Manager to ensure communications relating to the app are disseminated effectively via the appropriate channels, e.g. website, newsletter, social media, etc. In short it is a varied and challenging role which is integral to the success of the company and offers significant opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
- Create a high-level Zap-Map app proposition plan including bundling / channel propositions;
- Collate and generate user insights on the app user experience both via the app itself as well as via other channels such as customer service, annual surveys and competitor analysis;
- Ensure requirements for product enhancements are defined, prioritised and fed back into the product development roadmap;
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of the key app KPIs working with 3rd party analytics tools as well as subscription management tools available from Apple and Google, e.g. downloads, registrations, active users, retention, subscriptions, churn, conversion rates, app ratings, etc.
- Develop and improve effective KPI monitoring;
- Map and track user journeys both from a data perspective and an EV driver perspective;
- Be responsible for app pricing and retention strategy as well as managing price changes and promotions;
- Monitor competitor apps and propositions and report back to internal stakeholders
- Work with Customer Service team to ensure any issues with the app features are understood and resolved as appropriate.
- Work with Content Manager to manage communications with (potential) app users via various channels, e.g. app, email, website, newsletter, social media, etc.
- Plan and manage Zap-Map product (upgrade) launches via various channels as above as well as potentially via partners.
What you'll need to succeed
- Know how to work with experts to create a world-class app user experience
- A strong understanding of mobile technology and current trends
- Strong commercial awareness
- Highly experienced in product marketing, ideally relating to mobile apps
- Experienced in working with digital technology
- Experience of both B2B and B2C marketing
- Excellent communicator
- Both creative and analytical
- Commercially aware and able to focus on business targets
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Able to generate insights which drive innovation
- Degree-level educated - 2.1 or above
- Able to demonstrate successors in similar role
What you'll get in return
The EV market is growing extraordinarily quickly.
At one of the leading aggregator business in this space, you'll have the chance to actively contribute to a sustainable future! We offer a dynamic, inclusive and supportive work culture.
In addition to a competitive salary (£45k - £55k to be discussed) your package includes:
- Performance-related annual bonus scheme
- Pension & Benefits scheme
- Flexible working options available
What you need to do now
Hays are the retained recruitment partner for Zap-Map on this role and will handle all queries and applications.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Apply for Product Marketing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly