Account Director – UX Design Agency – London or Bristol – To £60k
Internationally renowned experience design consultancy seeks a talented Account Director to work on one of the agency’s most successful business units.
You could already be an Account Director, or a Senior Account Manager who is ready to step up and own a portfolio of key accounts.
The agency has offices in both central London and central Bristol - you can choose to work out of either.
This internationally renowned experience design consultancy work with some of the world’s biggest brands, making a difference to millions of people around the world.
Their mission is to have a positive impact on people’s lives by helping organisations become more customer centric and thrive.
You’ll be working in the agency’s ‘Home and Work business unit’. This unit helps organisations be relevant for the individuals and families of today and tomorrow.
The team operates as a design innovation partner for their clients across the retail, hospitality, travel, energy, healthcare, automotive and charity sectors and create brilliant service experiences that facilitate fulfilling lives and flourishing communities.
The Account Director role
Your role will be to lead the growth and client servicing for a set of accounts through a deep understanding of your clients’ needs, ensuring that your accounts are growing and are profitable. You will take responsibility (alongside the agency’s consultancy team) for the delivery of quality work that meets your clients’ needs and addresses their business problems.
You’ll work alongside UX consultants, designers, front-end developers and project managers and report into a Client Engagement Director (who forms part of the leadership team and owns the client portfolio).
Skills, qualities and experience required
You’ll care as much as the agency do about the need to involve users in the design process - for them this is essential and not a ‘luxury’ that can be cut when budgets are tight. You will also be an evangelist for user centred design.
In addition you will:
- Help develop strategic account plans for your accounts, working alongside the wider team and with support from the Client Engagement Director
- Manage the pipeline of work for your accounts
- Create clear forecasts for each of your accounts in collaboration with the Client Engagement Director
- Work closely with the agency’s Project Managers to ensure projects are scoped and costed effectively to deliver profitable programmes of work
- Support the agency’s new business team and in particular the pitch / RFP process to ensure that the pitch team has a strategy for winning
- You’ll have experience working on user centred design projects - where user research was used to identify opportunities and refine the emerging designs
- You’ll be able to demonstrate an awareness of the UX field (key themes, agencies, individuals)
- Ideally you’ll already be working in a design company as an Account Director, or be a Senior Account Manager who is ready to step up and own a portfolio of key accounts
- You’ll have great communication skills - the ability to listen, and to articulate complex ideas clearly, vividly, and concisely
- You’ll have gravitas - outstanding presentation, written, verbal and persuasion skills with the ability to ‘hold the room’ and tell a compelling story
- You’ll be fantastic at consultative selling and influencing and will have strong negotiation skills, and great commercial awareness
- You’ll have experience of working with senior level clients to identify opportunities, set a vision for change, shape projects and set a shared vision for those projects
- You’ll demonstrate experience developing client relationships ‘up the chain’ within a client organisation, and of managing complex groups of stakeholders.
- You’ll have the right to live and work in the UK
NB - Please don't be put off applying because you aren't a perfect match for this job description! If you are excited about the opportunity and think you can achieve the outcomes they are looking for, but aren't sure if you tick every box, please DO apply.
Salary and benefits
This is a truly great place to work – you’ll love the environment, the people and the way the company looks after its staff.
You’ll also get a great package with a salary of between £40k - £55k if you are Bristol based or £45k - £60k if you are London based, 25 days holiday, benefits including a smartphone, a cash-back healthcare scheme, a contributory pension plan, a MacBook and other kit as needed.
The agency is committed to training and run an extensive training programme which will support both your individual needs and their business ambitions.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Whilst every effort is made to contact everyone who applies, due to a high number of applications we are unable to give individual feedback to those who are unsuccessful.