The Jockey Club’s Racecourses are among the most iconic venues in UK sport. We play host to hundreds of thousands of racing fans every year at some of horseracing’s most prestigious events – The Cazoo Derby at Epsom Downs, the Guineas at Newmarket, the Coral Eclipse at Sandown and the Betfair Chase at Haydock Park. We crown champions at the Randox Grand National at Aintree Racecourse and The Festival at Cheltenham and we wow audiences with our fantastic events and music nights, where the likes of Little Mix, Olly Murs and Tom Jones have entertained the crowds.
This is an exciting time to join The Jockey Club which is expanding its in-house digital capabilities to support our growth ambitions and a range of projects and initiatives.
We are currently looking for a UX/UI Lead to join our growing digital team. Reporting into the CRO Manager, this role will be responsible for improving the UX across our digital properties to drive our user engagement. This will be achieved through designing, producing and deploying design & development solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all our digital platforms are designed with UX at the core, whilst testing & debugging to ensure cross-device and browser compatibility
- Improving and growing website revenue and conversion
- Developing storyboards and wireframes, sketching visual concepts, mock-ups and prototypes. Documenting design visions and presenting to stakeholders
- Building & improving digital properties using web development languages such as; HTML, CSS & JS
We are looking for applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- A working knowledge of the different phases of the UX process and principles
- Exceptional knowledge and experience of User Centred Design Methodologies
- A robust understanding and ability to implement performance and UX measurement technologies and techniques necessary to gauge success of digital services
- A Junior UX/UI designer with a passion for user-centric design and strong HTML, CSS & JS skills
- Experience designing high quality interfaces, wireframes, storyboards and user flows
- Able to translate high level project briefs into a detailed user journey, using design and prototyping tools
- Prior experience of working within innovation environments, preferably within an agency
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to simplify complex problems, to influence stakeholders
- Team-oriented, collaborative and willingness to roll up sleeves and get stuck in
- Solid organisational skills with a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines
Travel within The Group will be required so it is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving licence and has access to a vehicle. This role will also involve working evenings and weekends to support racing, where necessary.
Closing date: 6th August 2021. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people