Performance Marketing Manager
The Jockey Club’s Racecourses are among the most iconic venues in UK sport. We play host to hundreds of thousands of racing fans every year at some of horseracing’s most prestigious events – The Cazoo Derby at Epsom Downs, the Guineas at Newmarket, the Coral Eclipse at Sandown and the Betfair Chase at Haydock Park. We crown champions at the Randox Grand National at Aintree Racecourse and The Festival at Cheltenham and we wow audiences with our fantastic events and music nights, where the likes of Little Mix, Olly Murs and Tom Jones have entertained the crowds.
This is an exciting time to join The Jockey Club which is expanding its in-house digital capabilities to support our growth ambitions and a range of projects and initiatives.
We are currently looking for a Performance Marketing Manager to join our growing Digital team. Reporting to the Digital Director, this role will be accountable for executing all Digital paid advertising, ensuring we maximise our advertising spend to drive the best commercial returns.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the in-house execution of all Digital Paid Advertising including Paid Search, Paid Social, Affiliate Marketing, and Display advertising
• Responsible for driving a profitable Return on Adverting Spend and growing our overall online revenue on an annual basis
• Responsible for driving new customer acquisition and new users to our digital platforms
• Responsible for defining and executing our overall Paid Marketing and channel management strategy
• Manage the planning, creation, execution, testing, monitoring, and analysis of campaigns
• Responsible for setting up and running attribution reporting to fully understand the role of each channel and how this supports the user purchasing journey
We are looking for applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following:
• Solid knowledge of customer behaviour
• Knowledge of the full Google suite and Bing
• Knowledge of advertising and finding new audiences across Social Media
• Running an Affiliate Marketing program and using network platforms
• Knowledge of reporting tools and attribution models
• Experience in significantly growing Online Revenue and ROAS
• Setting up account structure and running Paid Search campaigns in AdWords
• Strong experience in running paid social on all the mainstream social platforms
• Strong communications and presentation skills are essential with the ability to simplify complex problems and data sets to develop data-led stories
• Solid organisational and influencing skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines
• Team-oriented, collaborative, and willing to roll up sleeves and get stuck in
Travel within The Group will be required so it is essential that the successful candidate holds a full driving licence and has access to a vehicle. This role will also involve working evenings and weekends to support racing, where necessary.
Closing date: 6th August 2021. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a large number of suitable applications.
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.