SEO & Content Manager
Your new company
My client is a leading online retailer with an impressive suite of high-performing eCommerce sites targeting the no1. spot amongst competitors. Due to regulations in their industry, SEO is a key channel at the heart of their online strategy, and due to growth & changes within the team we are recruiting the job of SEO & Content Manager to join them in a senior leadership position. (Hybrid home-working available)
Your new role
As the SEO & Content Manager you will be responsible for managing and executing the implementation of the Group SEO strategy across 6+ websites, as well as reviewing and analysing sites for optimisation and improvement purposes. Both hands-on and strategic, you will manage a small team and have responsibility across technical and onsite SEO strategies, SEO editing and content optimisation, content strategies for earning organic search traffic, and audits/competitor evaluation.
You will also:
- Conduct website evaluations for technical SEO, including metadata analysis, link analysis, site error assessments, site speed, mobile friendliness, etc and implement actions.
- Implement and administer search engine programs such as XML, sitemaps, and webmaster tools.
- Execute website evaluations for existing traffic sources, highlighting organic traffic and resulting site engagement through that channel.
- Provide recommendations regarding site conversion, calls to action, and usability.
- Support the evolution of website evaluation, SEO auditing and content marketing.
- Oversee site architecture recommendations.
- Conduct, organise and/or review thorough keyword research using industry tools such as SEMRush, with an objective to optimise existing content and uncover new opportunities.
- Analyse the results of SEO strategies and content marketing using Google Analytics, Google Search Console and appropriate industry tools.
This role is responsible for strategic development of SEO & Content plans, as well as hands-on execution and team management.
What you'll need to succeed
We are seeking an SEO expert - you will have the knowledge and ability to effectively communicate at group level, and the gravitas to present your ideas and findings to the wider business. You will be an effective team leader, able to drive an ambitious and high-performing team. You will be in-touch with your skills in SEO, happy to be hands-on across technical and on-site SEO, with experience of working with popular keyword tools such as SEMRush, Moz, Screaming Frog, Google, Word Tracker and Keyword Discovery. Ideally you will be experienced in working with CMS and building/administering content within multiple CMS environments, and competent in using a range of analytical tools including Google Analytics and relevant industry tools.
What you'll get in return
Depending on experience, you'll receive a salary between £45,000 - £55,000 plus benefits including BUPA healthcare, employee assistance and negotiable holiday allowance. This role will offer flexible hybrid working with a balance of home and in-office working at their offices in Surrey. This is an ambitious business in an exciting period for the brand with new ownership and investment that will drive them to their goals.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.