An important short term Content design contract.
Your new company
- A large public sector organisation is looking for an experienced Content Designer on a short term basis.
Your new role
- As a content designer, you will produce simple, concise and inclusive content which is easy for customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to understand and act on. You'll ensure information and advice is readily available online, enabling key audiences to efficiently self-serve.
- Alongside another content designer and the wider brand and digital, and transformation teams, you will take a proactive approach to establishing content requirements across the business. You'll also support UX colleagues in helping ensure the best journey for our customers through great content, across mediums such as our customer portal, emails, SMS and more. From time to time, you'll also muck in with testing end-to-end processes.
- You'll use analytics, testing and colleague feedback to improve content across our digital portfolio, working with our web team to establish service principles based on credible user research. You'll flag updates to our style guide, working with team members to implement and manage an ongoing content review programme. You'll provide copywriting and content support, as required, and work with the web team to identify, flag and troubleshoot bugs within the systems that support content management.
- To be successful, you'll support content owners and subject matter experts to understand who their users are, the user needs and how to ensure users get the info they need quickly and easily, working with them to turn complicated processes and polices into knowledge articles, all in line with our design system, brand and style guide.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of three years of writing for the web
- A sound understanding of user-centred design
- Proven experience in using analytics, user research and user feedback to define and improve content
- Proven experience of managing relationships with stakeholders
- Experience in working with a content management system (a bonus if this includes ideally Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE)
- Strong copywriting skills
- Knowledge of channels and content types, to enable you to recommend the best way to communicate information
- Ability to identify users and what their needs are, based on solid evidence and research
- Ability to translate user stories and propose design approaches or services to meet these needs, including the design of content to meet user needs
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Strong attention to detail, with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships to ensure the best outcomes and speedy issues resolution
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- An agile working approach, at ease with rapidly changing deadlines, workload and goals
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working options available
- Remote working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.