Communications & Engagement Officer
7 days left
- Job Role
- Communications Manager
Consultation & Community Engagement Lead (Comms & Engagement)
£38,000 - 12month fixed term contract
Oxfordshire - hybrid working options
A local government body based in Oxfordshire
Due to an increase in activity, my client is looking for a solid Communications & Engagement professional to lead their Consultation and Community Engagement Team. This role is responsible for planning and delivering a programme of corporate consultation and community engagement, which will help to inform policy and service delivery; and measure how effectively we the organisation are meeting the needs of their customers.
- Support the team to deliver a programme of corporate consultation and community engagement, which will help to inform policy and service delivery; and measure how effectively we are meeting the needs of customers.
- Work closely with the planning service to ensure it meets its obligations for effective community involvement, and to support neighbourhood planning groups to effectively engage local residents
- Contribute to the development of council policies and services by preparing reports and presentations for managers and councillors on consultation and research results, along with recommendations for action
- Contribute to the development of policies and services by preparing reports and presentations for managers and councillors on consultation and research results, along with recommendations for action
- Providing input into the creation and deployment of service plans
- Interpreting the resulting implications and developing appropriate policies, procedures and practice to ensure that both councils comply with their statutory obligations, as well as to secure performance improvement and increased customer satisfaction
- Informing and writing papers for cabinet, council, committees etc.
- Experience working in a community led Communications & Engagement position, or had key involvement in this as part of your day to day role.
- Previous experience working in a large matrix organisation, ideally local government (ideal)
- Proficient in data analysis, interpretation and reporting complex quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent line management skills, including the ability to delegate appropriately, empowering employees to effectively deliver operational duties, tasks and goal
- Well-developed communication skills to foster collaborative working across teams and deliver training on consultation and engagement as required
If you are actively looking for a new opportunity and have experience working with in a Communications, Engagement or community consultation role, please get in touch! [mailto:] / 01865 972130
Apply for Communications & Engagement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly